We are on a journey to ensure diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) is reflected in all we do at UNC Kenan-Flagler and in all you experience during your time in our Full-Time MBA Program.
Our core values reflect and form our unique culture. We work to build a community that welcomes all identities and cultures and celebrates DEI – where everyone feels valued and finds a true sense of belonging.
Our goal is to prepare you to be leader who cultivates diversity in teams, fosters inclusion and puts equity into action, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because you know it leads to stronger organizations and more impactful solutions.
Before your MBA
We are committed to honoring your unique experiences, perspectives and identities as we seek to strengthen the diversity of each cohort. Events for prospective Full-Time MBA students include:
- Inside UNC Kenan-Flagler: Explore our community and learn about the support and resources available to students from historically underrepresented groups. This event is held in conjunction with the annual Carolina Women in Business conference.
- Leadership Week: Discuss identity and belonging, participate in workshops led by expert faculty, and hear from employers discussing the future of workplace diversity.
- Webinars and coffee chats: Connect with members of student-led DEI organizations and career clubs.
We provide you with the tools to effectively navigate your MBA experience while you uphold our core values and your responsibility to foster an inclusive, professional environment. You start developing your DEI toolkit during orientation and take the Building Communities of Belonging course in your first year.
When it comes time for electives, you continue developing your DEI approach courses such as Management of Workplace Diversity; Experiencing Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace; Gender and the Workplace; Leading Diverse and Inclusive Organizations; and Corporate Communication: Social Advocacy.
Beyond the classroom
Your learning is enriched through a variety of opportunities to get involved in our community, connect with business experts and participate in conferences and workshops.
- Student-led DEI clubs and organizations shape our community and offer valuable leadership, networking, career and social opportunities.
- Signature events include the annual Carolina Women in Business conference, and the annual Inclusion in Business Panel and Celebrating Black Business events, hosted by the Committee for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (CDEI).
- Business advisor partnerships – from employers eager to hire diverse graduates who understand, value and practice DEI, to the alumni-led 100 Women movement, to our Corporate Advisory Board on D&I and Board of Advisors DEI Committee.
- Education-industry organizations that we proudly partner with to attract and support a diverse student body include Access, The Consortium for Graduate Study in Management (CGSM), Management Leadership for Tomorrow (MLT), The Forté Foundation, Reaching out MBA (ROMBA), The MBA Veterans Network, and Carolina Veterans Resource Center.