The Corporate Finance Concentration teaches core skills in financial modeling, debt and equity issues, valuation, mergers and acquisitions, financial planning, risk management, financial reporting and analysis, and taxation. These are necessary for corporate finance positions and other careers, such as consulting.
With a Corporate Finance Concentration, you’ll develop the skills and knowledge to be successful working for:
- Investment banks and commercial banks
- Corporate finance, treasury, and business development positions in Fortune 500 and mid-cap companies
- Financial consulting, general management consulting, and corporate strategy roles
- Venture capital and private equity firms, and
- General management positions
At UNC Kenan-Flagler, we routinely place about a quarter of our top graduates in corporate finance jobs at investment banks, corporations and venture capital. The investment-banking component of corporate finance placement has historically been around 15% of our hiring. Another important placement for students is in corporate finance consulting positions. Our graduates often take roles in industry finance and commercial banks through our alumni network.
For more information on Corporate Finance at UNC Kenan-Flagler: