UNC Kenan-Flagler leadership
When we say that our MBA Programs are transformative experiences, we mean it. Our graduates often describe the personal growth and heightened self-awareness they derive from the Evening Executive MBA program as unexpected and life- and career-changing. The leadership assessment tools you’ll use in the program facilitate that transformation, increasing your effectiveness in three roles: as an individual, as a team member/leader, and as an organizational leader.
To develop even deeper skills in the most critical aspects of leadership, you can select and participate in meaningful leadership experiences that align with your personal and career goals. Together with your career coach, you’ll identify these goals and match them with the right opportunities that allow you to practice and apply your skills in experiential settings and explore specific leadership topics. This individualized approach ensures you have the opportunity to increase the competencies critical for long-term career success.
These optional leadership experiences include workshops, business simulations, access to expert speakers, developmental assessments and reflection, and personal effectiveness training. Participation can earn you recognition with employers and places additional emphasis on personal leadership development, providing you with skills that will help you influence and inspire others at every stage of your career, including:
- Understanding your strengths and how to best leverage them
- Listening to others to identify opportunities and challenges
- Setting and communicating a clear vision
- Building influence so others will follow, from wherever you lead in your organization
- Establishing a decision-making framework to guide you, help you overcome obstacles, and rebound from setbacks
- Seeking and developing a balanced and inclusive perspective
- Embracing change and feedback as you strive to continuously improve