UNC Kenan-Flagler Leadership Experience
When we say that our MBA Programs are transformative experiences, we mean it. Our graduates often describe the personal growth and heightened self-awareness they derive from the Evening MBA program as unexpected and life- and career-changing. The leadership assessment tools you’ll use in the program facilitate that transformation, increasing your effectiveness in three roles: as an individual, as a team member/leader, and as an organizational leader.
As an Evening MBA student, you can choose from a menu of Leadership Labs and experiences to align with your personal and career interests. This individualized approach ensures you have the opportunity to increase the competencies critical for long-term career success. Activities include business simulations, assessment tools and workshops, and personal effectiveness training.
Leader for Next Program
As a student, you may also opt to enroll in the Leader for Next program. This program helps you develop even deeper skills across the most critical aspects of leadership. You’ll have more opportunities to practice and apply skills in experiential programs, called Leadership Accelerators, with additional emphasis on personal leadership development and executive coaching. Program participation also earns you recognition with recruiters and at graduation.
You’ll have the opportunity to learn skills that prepare you to influence and inspire others at every stage of your career. These include:
- Understanding your strengths and how to best leverage them
- Listening to others to see opportunities and understand challenges
- Setting and effectively communicating a clear vision
- Building influence so others will follow, from wherever you lead in your organization
- Establishing a decision-making framework to guide you, help you overcome obstacles, and rebound from setbacks
- Seeking and developing a balanced, inclusive perspective
- Embracing change and feedback as you strive to continuously improve
Applications open in January, May and September. Students can apply after matriculation.