Leadership Development Program
Leadership Development Program (LDP)
All Executive MBA students receive a strong foundation in leadership through embedded coursework and experiences. The EMBA program infuses leadership development throughout the program in myriad opportunities, including: coursework, team development, and assessments.
For those seeking to make leadership a hallmark of their personal brand, UNC Kenan-Flagler EMBA has created the Leadership Development Program (LDP).
The Executive MBA LDP augments the foundational model into a customized, action-based leadership and career development program. EMBA students have an opportunity to complete the LDP and be recognized for the achievement upon graduation.
EMBA LDP Highlights:
- The UNC Kenan-Flagler EMBA LDP is an optional points-based, customized program offered as a part of your MBA degree.
- Executive MBA students may opt-in (or out) at any time while in the program.
- The LDP allows you to choose leadership activities (above and beyond those already embedded and required by the EMBA Program) relevant to your goals and interests, and earn points for participating.
- Points may be earned by participating in career or leadership webinars and workshops, holding one-on-one sessions with a Career & Leadership Services staff member, and more.
This program includes more than 75 potential activities. Select examples aligned with our continuous learning model of principles, practice, feedback, and reflection, and included in the UNC Kenan-Flagler EMBA LDP:
- One-on-One Career & Leadership Sessions with certified benchmark advisers and EMBA staff members
- Assessment debriefs and executive coaching
- Executive resume review with professional coach
- Mock interview practice
Experiential Learning Activities
- VCIC – Venture Capital Investment Competition
- Performing under pressure management simulation
- Career Leader Self-Assessment, used by 93% of the world’s best business schools
- Gallup’s Strengths Finder and Strengths Based Leadership Self-Assessment
Webinars and Events
- Executive lessons of experience
- Managing your career
- UNC Kenan-Flagler speaker events and Dean's speaker series
Regardless of whether or not you choose to pursue the EMBA LDP, you may take advantage of all the leadership resources offered through the EMBA Program, including: one-on-one sessions with Career & Leadership staff, resume reviews, speakers, webinars, and workshops.