From startup to grow-up: Entrepreneurship at UNC Kenan-Flagler
Our innovative entrepreneurship program is designed to help students succeed beyond the startup phase and transition into a lifelong entrepreneurial career.
Building an Entrepreneurial Mindset
UNC teams at Launch Chapel Hill, our innovative venture accelerator. More
Equipping Aspiring Entrepreneurs
Amit Singh (EMBA 2003) developed plans for starting his global IT outsourcing business in UNC’s Soft Launch program. More
Pitching at Carolina Challenge
Over 100 student venture teams competing for $50,000 in prizes. More
Fast-forwarding entrepreneurs with the Adams Apprenticeship
32 Adams Apprentices accelerate their learning during the launch party with the Adams Advisors.
UNC Leads the Way in Innovation and Entrepreneurship
UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School is committed to developing transformative entrepreneurial leaders as founders, funders and growth executives. The Center for Entrepreneurial Studies (CES), founded in 1997 through the generosity of Frank Hawkins Kenan, offers a comprehensive array of curricular and co-curricular programs under the rubric Learn-Launch-Lead (L3)™ to develop skills and direct experience not found at other business schools. Our broad-spectrum entrepreneurship curriculum fosters our collaborative, hands-on and results-driven learning environment to build an entrepreneurial mindset. And, our commitment extends beyond graduation to support career transitions through our global network of alumni mentors and coaches.
Ranked No. 10 in Entrepreneurship by U.S. News & World Report in 2015
Establishes a strong foundation through our curriculum to forge a successful and high impact transition to entrepreneurship as a:
- Founder: An entrepreneur who initiates a new enterprise
- Funder: A leader in capital formation, venture capital and private equity investing
- Growth Executive: A senior leader in a high-growth venture or a corporate entrepreneur
Provides direct experience through:
- StartUp-UNC: A course series designed to teach, empower and inspire entrepreneurship
- Launch Chapel Hill: Our innovative venture accelerator, check out Launch events
- Carolina Challenge: Our University-wide venture competition
- 1789 Venture Lab: The place for students and recent alumns to work on their ideas - offering space to work and support for innovators seeking to grow and launch into the entrepreneurial community
Defines our commitment to the growth entrepreneur through: