Marketing Management Emphasis & Sales
9 Credit Hours
(All courses in this emphasis have BUSI 406 Principles of Marketing as a prerequisite – minimum grade of “C”)
The courses in this emphasis are recommended for students interested in jobs in corporate or field marketing positions, product or brand management, for banking, financial services, retailing, or consumer/business/technology products and services companies. The emphasis is also recommended for students interested in starting their own business or working for a small company where they need to provide a wide spectrum of marketing services. These jobs typically require a broad knowledge of marketing and its role in business decisions. Recent graduates have successfully entered into a career with companies as diverse as Johnson & Johnson Vistakon and Durham Performing Arts Center.
Electives: 9.0 credits are required from any 3 of the following courses:
- BUSI 454: Independent Study in Marketing (3.0 credits) (subject to undergraduate business program approval)
- BUSI 501: Professional Selling Strategies (3.0 credits)
- BUSI 559: New Product Marketing (1.5 credits)
- BUSI 560: Advertising (3.0 credits)
- BUSI 561: Sales Management (3.0 credits)
- BUSI 562: Consumer Behavior (3.0 credits)
- BUSI 563: Retailing & Distribution Channels (3.0 credits)
- BUSI 564: New Product Development (3.0 credits)
- BUSI 566: Marketing Strategy (3.0 credits)
- BUSI 568: Marketing Analysis & Decision Making (3.0 credits)
- BUSI 617: Global Marketing (3.0 credits)
- *Other: ______________________(Permission of the undergraduate business program required)
*Other courses may be taken with the permission of the undergraduate business program.
For students seeking to substitute study abroad or any credit earned outside of the business school, a petition to substitute an emphasis requirement must be submitted via the online request form available on the intranet. If approved, a maximum of 1 course (or 3 credit hours) may apply to an emphasis.
Undergraduate Social Media