Global Business Project
MBAs solving real-world challenges for global clients
The Global Business Project (GBP) is a unique action-based learning course for MBAs that includes:
- MBAs from multiple business, cultural, and university environments working with corporate executives to solve a business challenge
- Teams working virtually first in the US and then on the ground in Brazil, China or India
- Actionable recommendations, professionally presented
This one of a kind program provides benefits for Clients and MBAs.
Learn more about what we do.
For Clients, benefits include:
- High quality, fact-based recommendations from an outside perspective on a business challenge
- Access to the world's best and brightest MBAs from multiple schools and countries for evaluation as interns and full-time employees and as ambassadors back to consortium schools
For MBAs, benefits include:
- International business experience to complement their existing work and academic experience
- Access to companies that recruit MBAs
- Opportunity to work with fellow MBAs from different backgrounds, different countries and different schools in a virtual and face-to-face team setting
- Exposure to consulting skills and frameworks
The course/projects begin with a GBP Bootcamp in mid-January in Chapel Hill, NC for all students and faculty. Students do independent pre-Kick Off work until mid-March, then step up their virtual team work through the early part of May, and finish their consulting projects with 9-10 days on the ground teamwork in the host country the last two weeks of May.
Teams are constructed through a competitive application process with members drawn from any of the partner schools.
How a Client qualifies to participate:
- Submits a corporate challenge that can benefit from a fresh perspective provided by an MBA team that collectively has experience in the country, the industry, and the focus of the project
- Provides senior executives to work with the team to ensure success
- Contributes a USD$20,000 per project fee to offset program costs, plus covers all project-related expenses of the team and faculty advisor during the two weeks in the GBP host country in late May, and the international round-trip airfare for the faculty advisor.
How a Student qualifies to participate:
- Submits a compelling application
- Pledges to do top-quality work for credit, putting in time and effort equivalent to the most demanding MBA class spanning 15 weeks of the academic year
- Agrees to engage in all face-to-face and virtual meetings, including the January Bootcamp Weekend in Chapel Hill, NC and in-country the last two weeks of May.
Client Application - the link to the online application will be posted soon. Deadline to apply for a GBP 2015 team is October 1, 2014. For questions or concerns, please contact Program Director or Director of Global Business Outreach, .
The student application will be posted on-line the first week of September.
For questions or concerns, please contact GBP Program Manager .
GBP partner institutions: UNC-Chapel Hill, Lingnan College University, IIM-U and UNISINOS.