Undergraduate Assured Admission Program (AAP)
The Kenan-Flagler Business School offers the undergraduate business major and minor at UNC Chapel Hill. Students typically apply to these professional school programs after their first year at UNC or during their first semester in residence as a transfer student. The admission process is rigorous and selective.
In partnership with UNC Undergraduate Admissions, UNC Kenan-Flagler selects a small group of first-year students for assured admission to the undergraduate business major. These high-achieving students are identified through a comprehensive evaluation of their undergraduate application to the university. There is no supplemental application for the UNC Kenan-Flagler Undergraduate Assured Admission Program. Students are chosen on the basis of their merits, as demonstrated in their UNC Undergraduate Admissions application. To be considered for this unique opportunity, interested students should indicate an interest in the undergraduate business major on their UNC application. Students selected for the AAP are not required to major in business.
Qualifications for the Assured Admission Program
- Exemplary high school academic record
- Significant extracurricular involvement
- Demonstrated leadership (we are not just looking for titles; we are looking for impact)
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding moral character
- Identified interest in the undergraduate business major at UNC on the undergraduate application
Assured Admission Program Benefits
- Active engagement with UNC Kenan-Flagler faculty, staff, alumni and current students
- Networking with other high ability pre-business students
- Leadership development training
- An option to take a specially designed course to learn more about business and career development
- Opportunities to explore global business through study abroad immersion trips
- Invitation to business school special events
- Assured admission to the UNC Kenan-Flagler BSBA program (upon successful completion of all prerequisites)
Students chosen for the AAP will be notified of their selection during or shortly after UNC admissions decisions are communicated. In addition to notifying the Undergraduate Admissions Office of their intention to enroll at UNC-Chapel Hill, students invited to participate in the Assured Admission Program will be required to respond to the invitation to accept their place in the program.
Students participating in the AAP are required to maintain a normal course load each semester and maintain a minimum grade point average of 3.0. They are expected to successfully complete all prerequisite courses by the end of their second year. Students are expected to participate in the Introduction to Careers in Business Course offered their first year at Carolina, as well as participate in several networking and teamwork events their second year.
We expect students to take on leadership roles at the business school to further demonstrate their ability to inspire others and have an impact. AAP students are strongly encouraged to take full advantage of the opportunities offered through the Kenan-Flagler Business School including but not limited to global programs, case competitions, career and professional development events, ambassador program and student government.
It is an honor to be part of the small group of AAP participants, and students are expected to behave in a manner that reflects this honor. Any student ineligible to proceed at UNC for academic or disciplinary reasons will lose his or her assured admit status and be required to apply to the business school through our normal application process.