If you have any questions, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-962-3209. We’re here to help every step of the way.
On-campus: Open to students who have no more than 12 credits of accounting coursework. A 12-month, full-time program geared toward non-accounting majors. On-campus students start the program in June.
Online: Open to all students, regardless of your undergraduate major or coursework, including accounting majors. A flexible program completed in 12-36 months, depending on your desired pace. Online students can start the program in January, March, June, or September.
It’s easy to apply online. Gather your personal information, set aside some quiet time, and apply to UNC.
Here are a few things you’ll need and what you’ll need to do:
Option 1 (Exemption): A GMAT/GRE score is not required for:
• UNC-Chapel Hill undergraduate students and alumni who have earned a cumulative UNC-Chapel Hill undergraduate GPA of 3.40 or higher within the past five years.
• Anyone who has passed all parts of the Uniform CPA exam or all levels of the CFA exam.
Option 2 (Waiver): You may request consideration for a GMAT/GRE waiver if you meet all of the following criteria:
• A cumulative undergraduate or graduate GPA of at least 3.00 or higher. (Individuals with a GPA below 3.00 and who have extraordinary work experience may also apply for the GMAT/GRE waiver. Please contact email@example.com to learn more.)
• Five years of professional or military experience, with demonstrated career progression, which may include years during a graduate degree from an accredited institution
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• See additional details below.**
Option 3 (Test score): If you’ve already taken either the GMAT or GRE, congratulations! You may submit the score you prefer within the application, we’ll only evaluate your best score. Our school codes for the GMAT are D40-HL-00 (online format) and D40-HL-13 (on-campus format). Our school code for the GRE is 0348.
Option 4 (Alternate Test score): Online June 2020, Online September 2020, and On-Campus June 2020 starts only. We know how difficult it’s been to provide test scores due to the closing of test centers. As an alternative, applicants can now submit an alternate test score (SAT/ACT/LSAT/MCAT) to be considered for admission to the program. The test must have been taken within the past seven years. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-962-3209 for more information. The Final Application Deadline for Online June 2020 and On-campus June 2020 is May 11, 2020.
Option 5 (Future date): If you plan to take the GMAT/GRE at a future date, you may still submit your application. Simply provide a date when you plan to take the test. We’ll send you helpful tips, reminders, and suggestions as you near the big day. Good luck! Download our prep guide, “Tips and Tricks: Scoring Big on the GMAT/GRE”. Or, read our article, “Why your test scores and your GPA matter?”
If English is not your native language and you did not complete your undergraduate degree in a native English-speaking country, you’ll also need to take the TOEFL, IELTS or PTE Academic. Our institution code for the TOEFL is 3474
Submit your completed application: All finished? Outstanding. Submit your completed application and pay the application fee.
Please note that there have been changes for the June 2020 online and on-campus starts. Click here to view details.
Here’s what you should expect once you have submitted your completed application.
Get interviewed: We want to meet you. After a preliminary screening of applications, the MAC Admissions Committee selects finalists to be invited for on-campus or virtual interviews. Applicants are contacted via email to schedule an interview after their application is complete. Business attire is expected for the interview. Download our interview preparation guide, “A Checklist for Success” (PDF). and/or watch a short video with tips from our admissions director. Also, check out our fellowship tips, “How to Put Yourself in Line for a Merit-Based Fellowship.” (PDF)
Get a decision: We’re just as eager as you are to make our selections final. Decisions are often made on a rolling basis. Please apply early to have the best opportunity for fellowship and financial aid assistance.
It’s easy to get started. You can set up an account in about a minute and then take your time to craft the perfect application, returning as needed to the application portal.
You can contact us directly at email@example.com or 919.962.3209.
If you need to reach us in person or by mail, you’ll find us here:
UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School, 300 Kenan Drive, Chapel Hill, NC 27599
We look forward to reviewing your application!
* Cumulative UNC-Chapel Hill GPA may not be rounded (e.g. 3.398 does not qualify) and must include at least three semesters of full-time UNC-Chapel Hill studies with at least 36 credits completed and graded at time of MAC application submission date. Alumni must have had their UNC-Chapel Hill undergraduate degree conferred within five (5) years of MAC application submission date. Alumni who graduated more than five years ago should apply via the GMAT waiver process. In rare instances, the Admissions Committee may request additional information to evaluate your analytical aptitude and experience.
** The 3.00 GPA calculation must be the non-rounded, cumulative GPA as stated on the final transcript from the degree-conferred institution. You may achieve this GPA from either your accredited undergraduate or accredited graduate institution. (Individuals with a GPA below 3.00 and who have extraordinary work experience may also apply for the GMAT/GRE waiver. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.) Your five years of work experience must be full-time (30 hours/week) with a progressive career path. Military duty, full-time internships, and graduate degree studies may count toward the five years of experience. You may submit your request with fewer than five years; however, this time threshold must be met prior to Orientation and Leadership Immersion (OLI) for your intended start date. Applicants with relevant or analytical experience receive higher rates of approval. Meeting the 3.0 GPA and five years of work experience criteria does not guarantee a waiver will be granted. Each applicant is reviewed individually and all application materials are considered when granting a waiver.