Our MBA program is one of the nation's best, a highly ranked, competitive program that seeks well-qualified students.
The quality and diversity of the students is part of your success. This contributes to the education experience, drives career success and influences the ongoing reputation of UNC's MBA Program.
MBA Admissions Selection Criteria
We seek candidates for admission with strengths in these areas:
- Leadership and organizational abilities
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Teamwork abilities
- Track record of results
- Drive and motivation
- Analytical skills and problem solving ability
- Prior academic performance
- Career progression and career goals
- We recommend a minimum of two years of full-time work experience before admission
- There are no prerequisite courses for applying
- It is important that students have a working knowledge of the following subjects:
- Financial accounting
If you have not had this coursework, you may want to take additional courses prior to going through the MBA admissions process. You may also want to take the Analytic Skills Workshop
in the summer months before orientation.