Master of Accounting Student Association (MACSA)
The Master of Accounting Student Association (MACSA) is an officially recognized student campus organization. Funds come from student fees paid in the fall and spring semesters.
There are no dues to belong to MACSA.
MACSA offers a wide variety of activities during the school year through its committees. Activities are determined by each year’s class, so please get involved.
Community Service Committee: Promotes charitable and philanthropic activities throughout the Kenan-Flagler community and the greater Research Triangle Park (RTP) community. Our most recent projects include school-wide Habitat for Humanity houses and Holiday Gift Wish.
Social Committee: Plans social activities that promote community and friendship among faculty and students. Past activities have included Durham Bulls games, bowling, and picnics.
New Student Host Committee: Aids in the solicitation of new MAC applicants; entertains MAC candidates and visitors; and plans promotional events to attract new MAC candidates.
Commencement Committee: Oversees the organizing of the Class campaign and assists in planning the MAC graduation ceremony and reception.
MAC Social Activities
Past MAC Student Association activities have included:
- MAC Game Night
- Social at Bailey's Pub (Appetizers and Billards)
- Durham Bulls Baseball Game
- Ice Cream Social
- Summer Party at Jordan Lake (cook-out, pontoon boats, waterguns)
- “Thursday” Coffee Socials
- Fall Fling at BW3s (break from studying and recruiting in November)
- Holiday Party (Players/Kathleen's house/Snipes Farm/Carolina Brewery)
- Tailgate for football game
- Semi-Formal at Aurora Restaurant
- Halloween Costume Party at Players
- Pizza Parties - (Bricks, Mellow Mushroom, Loop)
- Putt-Putt at Adventure Landing in Raleigh
- Ice Skating/Broom hockey at Sportplex in Hillsborough
- Progressive End of the Year Party (BW3s, Players, etc.)
- End of Year Party (Spice Street, Top of the Hill)
- American Graffiti Social (t-shirt signing party at Spanky's)