Master of Accounting
- Masters degree in 1 year.
- 15 months or 21 months (including internship) for Accounting@UNC.
- Business, liberal arts and science majors are all eligible. Accounting majors are not eligible.*
- No prerequisites or prior work experience required.
- 98% employment offer acceptance for U.S. eligible. (average starting salaries in the 50’s)
- Pioneer class for Accounting@UNC scheduled to begin in July 2015.
- Admissions interviews can be done in person or virtually.
* You cannot have more than 12.0 credits of accounting to enter the program. This has to do with the way the curriculum is structured. You will find that different programs across the U.S. are structured in various ways.
*Accounting majors - we anticipate expanding our online program to accommodate accounting majors. If you exceed the limit of credit hours, contact to discuss your situation.
Generally speaking, any course with Accounting, Tax, Audit, or Financial Reporting in the title will count toward this limit. If you are uncertain about your total accounting credit hours, please upload your transcripts within the application and then email us at so that we may review your education records before you proceed with submitting this application.
Catch our latest webinar here.
The Ideal Candidate
Recruiters tell us that the type of MAC students they want for their firms, company and organizations must possess more than the ability to crunch numbers. Therefore, the MAC Program seeks highly motivated candidates who possess the following skills:
- Strong critical and analytical thinking aptitude
- The ability to achieve sustained high performance in an organization
- Depth of character encompassing integrity, teamwork, community and a passion for learning
- Extraordinary communication and interpersonal skills that show a desire to learn how to improve the way you interact, listen and resolve conflict
Because UNC Chapel Hill can only extend its resources to a limited number of qualified international students, admission is highly competitive. International student applications are reviewed on an individual basis and final decisions on admissibility are determined only after all factors and credentials related to an applicant's educational background as well as other admission criteria have been considered. The international student's application should demonstrate thorough and excellent preparation for studying in the U.S. Meeting the minimum admissions requirements and criteria may not be sufficient to be considered for admission. Due to the highly competitive nature of the admissions process, UNC Chapel Hill may restrict admission to those international applicants who are permanent residents of the U.S. and have studied at UNC Chapel Hill or another U.S. university all four years of their undergraduate studies.
The MAC Program is one of the nation’s best, ranked 4th among Graduate Accounting Programs. Therefore, we seek well-qualified students, students who will be the future business leaders.
|MAC Admissions Selection Criteria
| We seek candidates for admission with strengths in these areas:
- Leadership and organizational abilities
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Teamwork abilities
- Track record of results
- Drive and motivation
- Analytical skills and problem solving ability
- Prior academic performance
| Work Experience
|| No work experience required
| Prior Coursework
|| There are no pre-requisite courses for applying
| Class size
|| 140 (Residential)
| GMAT (average)
| GRE (average)
| 157/157 (v/q), 314 overall
| GPA from U.S. schools (average)
| Age (average)