The decision to pursue an MBA is a significant financial one. We are able to provide full- and partial-tuition merit fellowships for exceptional applicants. Almost 30% of UNC Kenan-Flagler students receive some fellowship assistance. We award fellowships based on the following criteria: a superior record of achievement in academic and career settings, diverse experiences, strong interpersonal skills, and strong leadership potential. Fellowship recipients are selected by the admissions committee. There is no need to apply for our fellowships. Every admissions applicant is automatically reviewed for fellowship consideration. Fellowship notifications are released with admissions decisions and can be found on your application portal.
UNC Kenan-Flagler Fellowships
We offer several types of UNC Kenan-Flagler fellowships. Our premier fellowships are the most prestigious awards offered by our program. They include full tuition and fees, a $5,000 stipend, and participation in a fellows-only resume listing. In addition to premier fellowships, the School awards full-tuition fellowships and partial-tuition awards.
Other Fellowships Programs Through UNC Kenan-Flagler
Consortium for Graduate Study in Management Fellowship
UNC Kenan-Flagler is a proud member school of the Consortium for Graduate Study in Management. The mission of the Consortium for Graduate Study in Management, an alliance of leading American business schools and some of our country's top corporations, is to enhance diversity in business education and leadership by helping to reduce the serious under-representation of African Americans, Hispanic Americans and Native Americans in both our member schools' enrollments and the ranks of management. Candidates who apply and are accepted through The Consortium are considered for full-tuition, merit-based Fellowships and benefit from ongoing professional development opportunities. The Consortium Fellowship is open to qualified U.S. citizens and U.S. permanent residents from these underrepresented groups, as well as other persons who can demonstrate a commitment to The Consortium's mission. For more details about applying through the Consortium, visit our Consortium Application FAQs page.
The Forté Fellows Program
UNC Kenan-Flagler participates in the Forté Fellows Program. The Forté Foundation is an organization of top business schools and corporations whose mission is to increase the number of women in business. Each year,
Forté Fellows are selected based on exemplary leadership and achievement. The admissions committee decides who will represent UNC as Forté Fellows. No separate application is required to be considered.
External Fellowships for International Students
The Fulbright Program
- International program funded by the United States Government
- Active in 140 countries, including 51 countries with binational Fulbright Commissions and Foundations
Managed by private, cooperating organizations such as LASPAU,
Fundaçao Estudar scholarship for Brazilian citizens
- For Brazilian citizens with a letter of acceptance from a top university
- Merit-based scholarship, amount varies according to financial need
- Scholarship program with career development support
- More than 500 scholarships granted since its founding in 1991, an investment of US $5,000,000
The Instituto Ling
scholarship for Brazilian Citizens
- For Brazilian citizens with a letter of acceptance from a top business school and demonstrated financial need
- Scholarship program with career follow-up
- 37 scholarships granted since its founding, an investment of US $580,000
German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
- Fellowship jointly awarded by UNC Kenan-Flagler and DAAD to 1 admitted German student per year
- Requires direct application to DAAD and award of a DAAD fellowship for MBA study in the United States
- Deadline for DAAD application: early summer
- Requires UNC Kenan-Flagler application plus DAAD application