You already know that your military experience has taught you a great deal about leadership and working through conflict. At UNC Kenan-Flagler, we recognize that those same skills are hugely valuable when leveraged to create success in business. Military Veterans represent a significant voice in our enrolled MBA classes, hailing from every branch of and role within the US Military and Foreign Service.
Special Services for Veterans
MBA Application Fee Waiver
All US military service members - both active duty and veterans – qualify for the application fee waiver. To obtain a waiver, simply submit verification of your current military status (e.g., DD214, recent LES, or other) to before you apply.
The Post 9/11 GI Bill and Yellow Ribbon Program
Post 9/11 benefits cover the cost of in-state tuition and required fees for students (regardless of residency tuition status) who are eligible, as well as the cost of school-sponsored student health plan. The Yellow Ribbon Program is designed to close the gap between the cost of your program and the in-state tuition rate covered by the GI Bill. Out-of-state students who qualify 100% through the Post 9/11 GI Bill should expect to be eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program.
UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School is proud to support MBA veterans through our participation in the Yellow Ribbon Program. Act now to confirm your eligibility level for GI Bill and Yellow Ribbon benefits:
- Apply for Yellow Ribbon Program financial support through the VA.
- Those that qualify will receive a Certificate of Eligibility.
- Service members admitted to UNC Kenan-Flagler should submit both your Certificate of Eligibility and Yellow Ribbon Application to the full-time MBA Program Office, Attention: .
Additional Resources for US Military Applicants
- Email our
- Email our
- Contact our Veterans Association to talk with current students who are military service members.
- Talk to a veteran MBA Ambassador by typing "military" into the search box.