The Center for Excellence in Investment Management (CIM) provides resources that facilitate knowledge creation and dissemination throughout the ever-expanding frontiers of finance. CIM helps students, researchers and practitioners keep pace with the rapidly evolving financial services industry through a variety of programs, publications and outreach.
- Prepare UNC Kenan-Flagler students for the most challenging jobs in cutting-edge finance
- Promote academic and applied research in advanced financial strategies
- Engage leading practitioners in research, teaching and current issues through special events, executive development workshops and joint projects
- The Capital Markets Lab integrates real-world financial tools and the finance curriculum at UNC Kenan-Flagler.
- Professional Development Workshops and the Speakers Series
- CIM sponsors UNC Kenan-Flagler’s participation as a CFA Program University Partner.
Promoting knowledge creation
- CIM provides support for faculty research initiatives. (See below for links.)
- Funding and administrative support from CIM supports the Private Equity Research Consortium (PERC).
- PhD students at UNC Kenan-Flagler are eligible for competitive grants and fellowships from CIM.
- UNC-Duke Asset Pricing Conference
Engaging leading practitioners
- The annual Private Equity Conference brings together practitioners, academics and regulators.
- North Carolina Investment Institute and Investment Outlook events
- Alpha Challenge
- Alternative Investments Conference
- Investment Management and CIM advisory boards
For information, contact Christian Lundblad, the Richard “Dick” Levin Distinguished Professor of Finance and Director of the Center for Excellence in Investment Management, at 919-962-8441 or firstname.lastname@example.org.