About the Atlanta Chapter
The mission of the Kenan-Flagler Atlanta Alumni Chapter is to bring together business professionals and serve three main constituencies:
- Alumni: The alumni of the UNC in the business community in Atlanta
- Alma Mater: UNC and the Kenan-Flagler Business School in Chapel Hill
- Atlanta: Our local Atlanta community and business
The organization serves our constituents by providing events and networking, learning experiences from high-quality speakers, and the pursuit of common interests.
The UNC Kenan-Flagler Atlanta Alumni Chapter hosts various events throughout the year, such as the Atlanta Breakfast Series, our flagship offering of five (5) breakfast meetings a year, held in large conference room settings, and catered by the long-established Buckhead Club on Peachtree Road in Atlanta, Georgia.
True to our mission in serving alumni, UNC, and our Atlanta community and businesses, our alumni and guests appreciate…
- A professional venue for bringing together professionals, networking, and sharing common interests face-to-face in Atlanta;
- Hearing from and learning from keynote speakers and thought leaders—prominent business, non-profit, government, and political leaders who discuss topical issues, as well as share their challenges, successes, and insights;
- Our mission and direction… the Chapter held its first event in late 2008, launching the breakfast series, with goals to continue expanding networking and learning opportunities (as well as exploring new offerings) for our alumni and serving our broader community. Today, in addition to our breakfast series, we host a Summer Welcome for recent graduates and interns working in the Atlanta area. We also partner with Junior Achievement, a financial literacy program, to provide an opportunity for our alumni to give back together.