The University of North Carolina Kenan-Flagler Business School has named six new members to its Board of Advisors. Members provide advice and counsel to the dean, serve as ambassadors and advocates, and help secure private resources to support the School.
“Our board members’ insights and professional expertise play vital roles in charting an even brighter future for UNC Kenan-Flagler,” said Douglas A. Shackelford, dean and Meade H. Willis Distinguished Professor of Taxation.
The new Board of Advisors members are:
- Michael Peterson (BSBA ’81, MBA ’87) is retired from a 25-year career in financial services with Bank of America/Merrill Lynch and Wells Fargo. He established a scholarship fund at UNC Kenan-Flagler to provide funding for students to obtain international study opportunities. He is a former member of the UNC Kenan-Flagler Alumni Council. He is a volunteer construction supervisor for Habitat for Humanity. He lives in Charlotte.
- Kim Brunson (BSBA ’83) is a partner in Deloitte’s strategy and business transformation group, helping to drive national tax strategy and planning. She served as Deloitte’s first partner in charge of UNC strategic school recruiting, leading the company’s national recruiting and fundraising efforts for many years. She received the UNC Kenan-Flagler Masters of Accounting Alumni Award in 2003. She lives in Atlanta.
- Brent Callinicos (BSBA ’87, MBA ’89) is strategic financial advisor at Virgin Hyperloop One, where he most recently served as COO and CFO. Previously he was CFO at Uber Technologies, and vice president, treasurer and chief accountant at Google. At Microsoft, he held a variety of increasingly senior roles, including corporate vice president and divisional CFO for its platforms and services division. He is on the boards of PVH, Baidu and Rubicon Global. He received the MBA Alumni Merit Award from UNC Kenan-Flagler in 2004. He lives in Los Angeles.
- Stuart Kronauge (BA ’91) is president of USA operations and senior vice president of marketing for Coca-Cola USA. She leads the strategic management of The Coca-Cola Company’s largest brands and oversees its national retail sales, franchise and commercial leadership organizations. She serves on the board of directors of the American Beverage Association. She lives in Atlanta.
- Nathan Andrews (BSBA ’93, MAC ’93) is a partner with Deloitte, where he also is the U.S. and global practice leader for its tax management consulting practice and lead client service partner for UNC-Chapel Hill. He is a past chair of the UNC Kenan-Flagler Alumni Council. He lives in Hillsborough, North Carolina.
- Frank H. Kenan II (MBA ‘11) is the co-founder and portfolio manager of KD Capital Management, LLC, an investment partnership he launched in 2014. Previously he was an analyst for Boulderado Group, a concentrated value-oriented investment fund, and a development associate at Edens & Avant. He was an underwriting analyst for the Vivum Group, a private equity firm. He serves as a member of the board of directors of Boston Omaha Corporation, a NASDAQ listed company, and the Cougar Club of the College of Charleston. He lives in Charleston, South Carolina.