UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School honored five alumni at its 20th annual Alumni Merit and Leadership Awards ceremony on Oct. 11, 2018.
The awards recognize members of the UNC Kenan-Flagler community who personify the School’s core values of excellence, leadership, integrity, community and teamwork.
“These exceptional alumni live our core values in their careers and through their contributions to their communities and service to UNC Kenan-Flagler,” said Douglas A. Shackelford (BSBA ’80), dean and Meade H. Willis Distinguished Professor of Taxation. “We congratulate them and celebrate them as role models for future generations.”
Alumni Awards were presented to:
- R. Steve Vetter (BSBA ’78) of Greensboro, North Carolina, CEO and chairman of the board of Ennis-Flint, Inc., received the Business School Leadership Award for exceptional achievement in a career field, personal endeavor or service to UNC Kenan-Flagler.
- Nick Black (MBA ’13) of Charleston, South Carolina, founder and CEO of GoodUnited and vice chairman of Stop Soldier Suicide, received the Dwight W. Anderson Young Alumni Award for leadership in career accomplishments and exceptional commitment to the School.
Alumni Merit Awards from UNC Kenan-Flagler’s degree programs were presented to alumni who personify the School’s tradition of excellence:
- Joseph C. High (BSBA ’76) of Chapel Hill, North Carolina, retired senior vice president and chief people officer of W.W. Grainger, Inc.
- Meredith Hawley Garwood (BSBA ’87, MAC ’89) of Charlotte, North Carolina, group vice president of strategic tax for Charter Communications
- Jason T. Liberty (MBA ’15) of Weston, Florida, executive vice president and chief financial officer of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.