The University is four months into the Campaign for Carolina, and UNC Kenan-Flagler is making excellent progress toward its goal of raising $400 million by the end of 2022.
Gifts of all sizes are already making an impact. To date, the School has raised just over $129 million toward the goal, thanks to the generosity of more than 12,300 donors.
Commitments from these UNC Kenan-Flagler alumni deserve a special mention:
- John Townsend (BA ’77, MBA ’82) and Marree Townsend (BA ’77) made a $50 million commitment to UNC to support business, arts, humanities and athletics.
- Steve Vetter (BSBA ’78) and Debbie Vetter (ABED ’78) made a $40 million commitment to support business, the Red, White & Blue Challenge and athletics.
UNC Kenan-Flagler’s five major Campaign funding priorities are:
- Innovative directions – Expanding interactive, personalized experiential learning for all students and pursue our mission in new ways, such as the Business of Health Care Initiative
- Leadership – Providing funding for more fellowships, scholarships and faculty support
- Centers of excellence – Supporting the vital work of our Frank Hawkins Kenan Institute of Private Enterprise and our Leonard W. Wood Center for Real Estate Studies, Center for Sustainable Enterprise, Center for Entrepreneurial Studies, Family Enterprise Center, Energy Center, Global Business Center as well as other centers
- Facilities – Funding a new building and upgrades to all of our facilities
- Annual Fund – Supporting the Fund for UNC Kenan-Flagler, our critical base annual support
One way you can support UNC Kenan-Flagler and the Campaign is to make a gift on Feb. 27 during our annual Giving Day, when we go head to head in a points-based challenge against Duke’s Fuqua School of Business in the BlueVBlue Challenge. Help us retain our title from last year and, again, BEAT DUKE!
Learn more about how to support UNC Kenan-Flagler and the Campaign for Carolina, and make a gift now.