We are seeking a Digital Marketing Manager to join our marketing team. The ideal candidate is a data-driven marketer with experience across digital marketing channels, ad-technology, agency management and optimization of campaign performance. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Digital Marketing Manager position will play a key role in the development of the strategy and execution of digital marketing campaigns.
The role will manage the day-to-day digital marketing efforts and contribute to the digital marketing strategy across paid, owned and earned media types including social media, search, email, website and more. Efforts will focus on building brand awareness and providing support for individual programs through targeted marketing campaigns, and other community engagement initiatives as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a multi-channel marketing strategy in collaboration with the Director of Marketing
- Manage the editorial calendar and work cross-functionally within Executive Development and UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School to identify priorities and key initiatives
- Effectively maintain and build relationships with internal teams, external agencies, marketing partners, and IT to develop and execute successful digital marketing programs supporting our strategic objectives
- Plan, execute, and analyze the day-to-day online social media efforts (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) to drive awareness and registrations and to encourage community engagement through timely responses
- Partner with external agencies on planning, strategy and execution of search, retargeting and prospecting campaigns
- Oversee deployment of regular email campaigns and website content to continually engage target audiences
- Develop program content for website, social media channels, emails, display and search
- Curate faculty thought leadership content to be used in lead generation efforts; liaise with outside writers, videographers, etc.
- Manage closely to specific channel budgets and performance targets, ensuring accuracy, precision, and effectiveness
- Analyze data, assess advertising KPIs and identify media and platforms best suited to reach our target audiences for effective advertising planning
- Research industry trends and stay on the cutting edge of the changing data enabled media landscape
Qualifications and Experience:
Candidate must possess exceptional communication, presentation and relationship management skills; a deep cross-functional collaboration is required with a willingness and ability to work with multiple groups within Executive Education and across campus. Experience in a professional marketing/agency environment, along with developing, planning, and executing digital customer acquisition campaigns, and end-to-end reporting performance and business impact is preferred.
Candidate should have a strong knowledge of marketing and analytics platforms (Adobe, DoubleClick, Facebook Business Manager, Insights, LinkedIn, Google Adwords), proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), exceptional organizational skills and an extraordinary attention to detail, and the ability to project manage/prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
Working on multi-channel campaigns across variety of programs, the ideal candidate must possess superior project management skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, excellent analytical ability, and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects with numerous agencies and deadlines.
A bachelor’s degree is required, preferably with a major in marketing, public relations, journalism, communications or English, and a minimum of five years of experience in digital marketing or a related field.
Please send cover letter clearly indicating the position (Position #550) you are applying for along with your resume to email@example.com by the application deadline of December 8, 2017. EOE M/F/D/V.
The position is located at UNC’s executive education conference facility, the Paul J. Rizzo Conference Center at Meadowmont in Chapel Hill.
This position is in the Kenan-Flagler Business School Executive Education, LLC, an affiliated organization of UNC-Chapel Hill and is not a University or State of North Carolina position.