We are seeking an Information Technology Consultant to work primarily with our digital learning executive programs. Our products are designed to help executive and emerging level business leaders advance their careers and be more effective in their roles.
The IT Consultant will work in partnership with faculty and the instructional designers to deploy instructional materials in a digital learning environment. This individual will also support the day-to-day IT operations of our digital programs, including troubleshooting and resolving technical issues as well as assisting faculty, participants and staff with the digital learning program materials, distance collaboration, webinars, and digital learning tools. The IT Consultant will be a resource for new teaching approaches that facilitate and encourage greater participant interaction and engagement that is facilitated through a virtual classroom.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Technology Consultation and Instructional Support:
- Consult with faculty and program staff to develop and maintain online and technology-enhanced courses
- Assist in the creation, production and incorporation of technically advanced instructional course material
- Work directly with the instructional designers and the video production team to create course content that accomplishes the objectives for the programs
- Oversee the development, delivery, and usage of asynchronous learning tools and develop learning resources as well as advise on retooling of course segments for traditional and electronic delivery
- Serves as the point of contact and provide technical support for distance collaboration tools such as videoconferencing, telepresence, Adobe Connect, and lecture capture
Learning Management System:
- Overall management for day-to-day operations of the Learning Management System which impacts all participants and faculty
- Coordinates with the instructional design team to support faculty and participant use of the LMS and assistance in the development and support of faculty and participant learning opportunities in a variety of formats
- Collaborates with staff to maintain accurate and timely communication to faculty, staff, and participants with regard to the LMS status and changes
- Administers user access and permissions within the LMS
- Audits and monitors data integrity within LMS
Technical and Operational Support Services:
- Provides support for all Executive Development instructional resources including but not limited to the LMS, Adobe Connect, video conferencing, and other technologies as needed
- Participates in testing of new LMS tools, upgrades and patching, and documentation of testing results
- Maintains and resolves issues as they arise and escalates issues when required
- Provides rapid and optimal resolution of technical issues in quick succession with high quality and positive customer service, effective communications and strong working relationships with participants and colleagues
- Keeps up with and develops expertise in emerging online learning technologies
Qualifications and Experience:
The selected candidate must have demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills in working with users to interpret needs and provide appropriate solutions. This position requires high-quality customer service on the phone, in person, and online, as well as group and individual training on the use of the LMS. Candidate should be proactive and self-motivated in order to support the diverse needs of faculty and participants.
Candidate must have an associate's degree in computer information technology, computer technology integration, networking technology, or related areas and two years of experience in the IT field related to the position's role; or a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution and three years of experience in the IT field related to the position's role; or a bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, math or engineering from an accredited institution and one year of experience in the IT field related to the position's role; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience working with LMS platforms, in particular Adobe Captivate Prime and Adobe Connect, is preferred.
Please send resume and cover letter clearly indicating the position you are applying for (Position #275) to the Information Technology Consultant Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of December 11, 2017. Salary range for this position is $60,000-$72,000. EOE M/F/D/V.
The position is located at UNC’s executive education conference facility, the Paul J. Rizzo Conference Center at Meadowmont in Chapel Hill.
This position is in the Kenan-Flagler Business School Executive Education, LLC, an affiliated organization of UNC-Chapel Hill and is not a University or State of North Carolina position.