UNC Kenan-Flagler offers a full-time Ph.D. Program. We do not offer a part-time or online program.
We seek to admit 12-15 students, 2-3 per area, to begin the Ph.D. program in August 2013. The deadline to apply for admission consideration is no later than January 8, 2013.
All admitted students receive School-based fellowship funding, but applications completed prior to December 11 are ensured consideration for a select number of University-sponsored fellowships.
The application will be available online beginning August 15, 2012.
PhD admissions are highly competitive. We seek candidates with strengths in:
- Intellectual development as demonstrated by prior academic or other activity
- Commitment to a career of scholarship and research
- Emotional maturity to complete a rigorous program of study
- Knowledge of elementary calculus and basic computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to think analytically
- High academic marks and test scores
While an MBA is not required, it usually allows you to waive some of the business requirements.
- The Ph.D. committee makes admission decisions. The committee consists of faculty in each area and the associate dean of the Program.
- Evaluations start as completed applications are received and continue after the January 8 deadline.
- The committee schedules interviews with students that are seriously considered.
- The committee makes initial decisions in late March. The process continues until the class is full.
- Applicants will be notified by mail and email.
If you submit a paper application, you must send the admissions office your username and password to check your application status online.
Please use the following codes for submitting test results:
GMAT code: D40-HL-50
GRE code: 5816
TOEFL code: 5816