Engaged Alumni Network
The Wood Center Advisory Board
One of the hallmarks of our Center is our Wood Center Advisory Board. Members provide advice and counsel to the Director and Executive Director of the Wood Center, serve as ambassadors and advocates for the real estate program and help secure the private resources needed for the program to achieve its mission.
Wood Center Advisory Board Members
- Steven Bean, Situs
- David Benson, Morningstar Storage Centers
- Charles Brindell Jr., Mill Creek Residential Trust
- Ross Cowan Jr., Northwood Investors LLC
- Stephen Cumbie, NVCommercial
- Ryan Dearborn, Wood Partners
- Jatin Desai, Peachtree Hotel Group
- Mike Ecklund, Morningside Capital
- Annie Evans, AMLI Development Company
- Danion Fielding, Getty Realty Trust
- David Flanagan, Elm Street Development Inc
- Wes Fuller, Greystar
- Eric Gaaserud, JP Morgan
- Kent Griffin
- Leo Horey, AvalonBay Communities Inc
- Turner Inscoe, Cambridge Development Group Inc.
- Geordy Johnson, Johnson Development
- Chris Keber, McCourt Global
- Laine Kenan, Solution Property Group
- Karen McJunkin, Elm Street Development Inc
- Bruce McNair, Avison Young
- Kirk Mobley, HEM Family Office
- Kelly Nagel, AIMCO
- Roger Pratt, Elite International Investment Fund
- Thomas Regnell, Chevy Chase Land
- Kai Reynolds, The JBG Companies
- Caitlin Shelby, Wood Partners
- Charles Sullivan, Global Logistic Properties
- Stephen Van Dusen, Eastdil Secured
- Paul Whyte, Credit Suisse
- Leonard Wood, GLJ Partners
Outstanding Alumni Contribution - Fellowships
The greatest gift is a fellowship to a deserving real estate student. Here are our current real estate fellowships - ask about these when you apply.
- The Stephen M. Cumbie MBA Fellowship
- The David D. and Carol Ann Flanagan MBA Fellowship
- The Randee and Dave Hartzell Excellence in Real Estate Fellowship
- The Horey Family MBA Fellowship
- The Michaux Family MBA Premier Fellowship for Real Estate Students
- The Leonard W. Wood Center for Real Estate Studies Fellowships
Joining the Wood Center
The Wood Center provides alumni with regular opportunities to connect with other UNC real estate alumni. We have alumni across the country and around the globe. We maintain a mailing list solely for the Wood Center which is comprised of both alumni and friends of our Real Estate program. Reminders and invitations to our annual real estate conference come from our mailing list - by joining our list you don't miss out on our events!
Your Local Alumni Group
If you are looking to connect locally with UNC real estate alumni, we have chapters in cities across the country. These chapters often organize events locally and host current MBA students on Career Treks, thus fostering relationships which will span their professional lives. We have active chapters in New York City, Washington DC, Charlotte, Atlanta, Miami, Dallas, Houston, San Francisco, and Los Angeles, as well as here in Raleigh-Durham. Interested real estate alumni can elect to join their local chapter when they join the Wood Center’s mailing list. Looking to start a new chapter? Email us.
UNC Real Estate Online
Looking for our UNC alumni online? Join our “UNC Real Estate Alumni Network” in LinkedIn. Created for UNC alumni, this closed group provides a platform to post interesting news, events and job opportunities. This group is a great resource for our local events and how to register for those events. If you are a UNC graduate and a real estate professional, join our group and start networking!