UNC Executive Development is embarking on a substantial growth strategy which includes growth in our digital portfolio. This portfolio is comprised of scalable, technology-enabled executive education solutions. These solutions may be customized to suit the needs and context of the client, embedded in a face-to-face custom executive education program, or used to target specific capabilities. We leverage our world-class faculty and content to drive impact. We have a partnership with Fortune magazine that provides access to a large library of exclusive Fortune interviews with CEOs and other world leaders.
As such, we are seeking to hire experienced business development professionals to help drive this growth. The Director of Client Engagement position is focused on cultivating corporate relationships with potential revenue opportunities with our digital programs. Through strategic planning, relationship building, and the orchestration of key resources, this role will partner with senior and executive level decision makers and become a trusted advisor to these companies and partner with them to create innovative digital solutions that impact their business results. He or she will join a team that includes instructional designers, technology experts, and program managers.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement both short and long-term strategic plans for this targeted portfolio that achieve and surpass ambitious revenue goals
- Support the team in influencing the internal organization to accurately assess the business impact of innovations and advocate when appropriate
- Utilize key dashboard metrics to analyze results; in consultation with other Directors of Client Engagement, revise course of action to close deals, improve effectiveness, change course, etc.
- Develop and manage accurate sales forecasts. Communicate forecasts regularly to management while consistently meeting or exceeding revenue targets
- Represent the corporate market for digital solutions within UNC Executive Development through feedback on our products, solutions and services and suggest ideas for new subjects, products and services
- Report on competitive intelligence to product development and marketing groups
- Collaborate and develop new ways of working with the UNC Executive Development team to create comprehensive, integrated executive education experiences for leaders within some of the world’s leading brands
- Actively collaborate with other directors of Client Engagement and Directors of Design and Client Engagement teams to maximize the effectiveness of our global sales efforts
- Actively solicit RFPs and/or respond to unsolicited RFPs by developing proposals that accurately represent UNC Executive Development’s capabilities and meet the needs of the requesting organization. Work with program directors and faculty to develop proposed curriculum for each proposal
- Communicate effectively and credibly with clients, faculty, and staff on the appropriate design, development, and delivery of programs
- Intellectual capability to identify and share relevant research and trends in the market
- Ability to project a professional manner with self-assurance, conscientiousness, and confidence in dealing with others
- Develop collaborative working relationships with Kenan-Flagler and affiliate faculty members
Qualifications and Experience:
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated history of creating and executing successful business development strategies and plans, as well as a record of exceeding revenue and growth goals. Understanding of corporate and academic environments and the ability to quickly build credibility and relationships with all levels of leaders is essential. Along with a robust business, financial and strategic acumen, this role requires strong sales skills, outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, and a dynamic executive presence. The candidate must also possess the ability to work in and lead progress through ambiguous situations. An individual that thrives in a setting that rewards growth, values teamwork, and balances autonomy and accountability will be most successful.
The candidate must have significant experience selling in the professional services, corporate education or related industries with demonstrated success in selling technology-enabled learning solutions to the executive level within large global corporations. A master’s degree in business or a relevant field is preferred. The ability to travel up to 40% of the time is required.
To apply, please send a cover letter clearly indicating the position you are applying for (Position #320) along with your resume to email@example.com. Review of applicants will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled.
Cover letters should be addressed to:
Chair, Director of Client Engagement Search Committee
Executive Development, Kenan-Flagler Business School
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Kenan-Flagler Business School Executive Education, LLC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran. EOE M/F/D/V.
This position is in the Kenan-Flagler Business School Executive Education, LLC, an affiliated organization of UNC-Chapel Hill and is not a University or State of North Carolina position.