Leading with Analytics
Dates: January 15, 2019
Program Fees: $1,250
Leaders recognize the power and potential of analytics and seek a plan for putting it to work in their organizations. This interactive online program focuses on the connection between an organization’s business objectives and the data and analyses that can bolster and/or transform decision-making.
Leading With Analytics will lead you through the process of business analytics, data identification, acquisition, visualization, and analysis and will culminate by providing actionable insights and tools.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Mid to senior-level managers who have little or no training in business analytics and need a review of fundamental and critical data analytics concepts.
- Understand how data can impact decisions in everyday life and how to effectively use data to “see” more of the big picture and make better decisions
- Create relevant connecting questions to help construct different approaches to effectively use complex data
- Identify common sources of data and know how to apply these to real world examples
- Understand the importance of data quality and how to develop a data strategy, ensure data accessibility and prepare data for analysis
- Create and build visualizations that best convey business needs
- Know how to use common modeling tools for analyzing data, such as linear regression, to create forecasts and predictions in order to address business questions and identify areas of bias
- Earn a digital certificate and badge from UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School
Adam Mersereau, Associate Professor of Operations
Adam Mersereau teaches operations management, statistics, and decision modeling. His research interests are in data-driven dynamic optimization; he addresses problems in retail operations management, revenue management, marketing optimization, and supply chain management.
Brad Staats, Associate Professor of Operations
Brad Staats’ teaching focuses on learning and analytics. He also works with many companies around the world on their learning and analytics strategies. Brad integrates work in operations management and human behavior to understand how and under what conditions individuals, teams, and organizations can perform their best.
Share your contact information below to receive additional communication related to Leading with Analytics: