Corporate & Business Strategy: Managing Scope and Competitive Advantage
Dates: January 15, 2019
Program Fees: $1,250
Corporate & Business Strategy focuses on corporate strategy, or the actions that organizations take to gain competitive advantages when operating in multiple markets or industries simultaneously, and as a leader how you can apply this to business strategy and garner positive results. Examples of the corporate strategies that will be discussed include vertical integration, strategic alliances, corporate diversification, and mergers and acquisitions.
You’ll be given the frameworks and tools necessary to understand the conditions under which different types of corporate strategy have the potential to create economic value and competitive advantages for organizations, understand the organizational and managerial systems that must be in place in order to realize this potential economic value, and understand the modes of execution of corporate strategy.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Mid to senior-level managers, directors, and functional leaders tasked with driving growth through the development and execution of strategic initiatives.
- Understand the origin of strategy and what strategy does for you on a day-to-day basis
- Understand the concepts of vision, importance of core value and purpose, as well as what constitutes a big audacious goal
- Analyze how strategy and budget are related and learn which decisions strategy should drive
- Gain a new set of frameworks and tools to use in designing a business strategy and further discover how performance and other factors have an impact on strategy design
- Understand the facets of corporate strategy and know how to apply different types of analyses to ensure it is set up properly
- Effectively make strategic decisions, respond to all markets, manage costs, and invest in process improvements
- Earn a digital certificate and badge from UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School
Atul Nerkar, Associate Dean, Executive MBA Programs, Allred Distinguished Scholar, and Professor of Strategy and Entrepreneurship
In addition to teaching MBA and doctorate courses in strategy, innovation, and entrepreneurship, Atul Nerkar is extensively involved in executive education and has worked with many leading global organizations. His research is in the areas of technology, innovation, and entrepreneurship and their linkage to firm strategy.
Share your contact information below to receive additional communication related to Corporate & Business Strategy: