Thank you for your interest in the Master of Accounting (MAC) Program at UNC Kenan-Flagler. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career as an accountant, or if you’d like to bolster your resume with critical new skills and credentials, we encourage you to apply now.
It's easy to get started.
Don't worry, we'll do this together in just a few easy steps. Our graduate program doesn't have prerequisites and it's open to anyone, regardless of your undergraduate major or professional experience. Start by choosing your format, then take a few moments to read over our requirements and begin your application.
If you have any questions, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919.962.3209. We’re here to help every step of the way.
>> Create an account and start your application
>> View, or download, our application checklist (PDF)
Decide on the format that's best for you.
1. On-campus: Open to students who have no more than 12 credits of accounting coursework. A 15-month (12 months + 3-month internship window), full-time program geared toward non-accounting majors. to see the on-campus curriculum.
2. Online: Open to all students, regardless of your undergraduate major or coursework, including accounting majors. A flexible program completed in 15-36 months, depending on your desired pace, with an opportunity to incorporate an optional winter internship at an accounting firm. to review a sample curriculum for the online format (a 15-month duration with an internship, focused on an audit concentration).
Start your application.
It's easy to apply online. Gather your personal information, set aside some quiet time, and apply to UNC. You may even be eligible for an application fee waiver.
Here are a few things you'll need and what you'll need to do:
1. Choose the on-campus or the online program format: Whether you prefer to learn online or on campus, the degree you receive is exactly the same.
2. Upload your unofficial transcripts: We need a record of all of your undergraduate classwork. We only need your unofficial transcripts. Simply upload them during the application process.
3. Choose your recommendation letter writers: Choose two authors that know you reasonably well and can provide honest feedback. After you make your selections, we will conveniently contact for you. View/download "Choosing Recommenders Who Can Sing Your Praises" (PDF).
4. Upload your Statement of Purpose: We want to know why you want to earn a Master of Accounting degree from UNC Kenan-Flagler. Why is accounting or finance the right career for you? View/download "Writing a Powerful and Compelling Statement of Purpose" (PDF).
5. Upload your resume: Your resume should include your educational, employment, and achievement history with headings and dates. View/download "Crafting a Rock-solid Resume" (PDF).
6. Submit your completed application: All finished? Outstanding. Submit your completed application and pay the application fee.
7. Send us your GMAT or GRE scores: Submit your scores to us at any time. You can take whichever test you prefer. Plus, you can take the tests as often as you like. We'll only use your best scores. Our school codes are GMAT 5816 and GRE 0348.
>> Download our prep guide, "Tips and Tricks: Scoring Big on the GMAT/GRE"
8. Send us your TOEFL scores (international students only): Our school code is 3474.
Note: If you are applying to the online format, a GMAT/GRE waiver may be available if you have a minimum of five years' professional work experience or military service. Read our GMAT/GRE waiver policy.
Here's what you should expect once you have submitted your completed application.
Get interviewed: We want to meet you. After a preliminary screening of applications, the MAC Admissions Committee selects finalists to be invited for personal interviews. Applicants are contacted via email to schedule an interview after their application is complete. Business attire is expected for the interview. Click here to learn more about business attire.
>> Download our interview preparation guide, "A Checklist for Success"
Get a decision: We're just as eager as you are to make our selections final. Decisions are often made on a rolling basis. Please apply early to have the best opportunity for fellowship and financial aid assistance.
It's easy to get started. You can set up an account in about an minute and then take your time to craft the perfect application, returning as needed to the application portal.
>> Create an account and start your application
Need more help?
You can contact us directly at email@example.com or 919.962.3209.
If you need to reach us in person or by mail, you'll find us here:
UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School, 300 Kenan Drive, Chapel Hill, NC 27599
We look forward to reviewing your application!