GMAT/GRE Waiver Info
You may qualify for a GMAT / GRE Waiver. Please read below to learn more.
Who can complete a waiver request form?
Applicants with a strong quantitative background demonstrated by previous academic achievement or current employment may apply for a waiver.
What types of candidates are approved for the waiver?
- Master's or PhD in a technical field (e.g. engineering, statistics, computer science)
- Terminal degree (e.g. MD)
- Significant years of work experience (evaluated on a case-by-case basis)
Can the form be submitted before completing the entire application?
Yes. The form may be submitted before the entire application. Depending on timing, a response may be provided before application submission.
What criteria are used to approve waivers?
Previous academic performance (specifically in quantitative subjects), additional degrees, and career experience are the main criteria for waivers.
What is included in the waiver form?
- Basic demographic information
- Undergraduate institution and GPA
- Post-grad degree information (if applicable)
- Unofficial transcripts
- <50 word personal statement
How long does it take to complete the form?
Fewer than 5 minutes.
How long is the review process?
Typically, the committee determines waivers within 2 weeks.
Is the GMAT required for the Global OneMBA program?
The GMAT is not required for Global OneMBA. However, candidates with limited quantitative experience are encouraged to complete the exam.
Where is the form located?
The GMAT waiver request is a web-based form at: www.emba.unc.edu/waiver