UNC Kenan-Flagler Logo Standards
- The UNC Kenan-Flagler logo may not be reconstructed or altered in any way.
- Adding or removing anything within, directly above or directly below the logo or changing the spacing or font of its parts alters the logo and is not permitted.
- Ensure that when the logo is enlarged or reduced that it is done in proportion so that the logo is not distorted.
- On a white background the logo should be blue, black or two-color (blue and black).
- On a light background, it should be black.
- On a dark or black background, it should reverse out to white. (This option is not recommended for electronic media such as Web or PowerPoint; it is not possible to get sufficient resolution.)
- The blues that are authorized for the logo are: Carolina Blue PMS 542 for all print applications; Carolina Blue #4B9CD3 for Web and #007FAE for links. See Carolina Blue and Color Guidelines for detailed information.
- The minimum size of the logo is measured by the height of the Old Well icon. All unit and department logos should be no smaller than .25” tall. If you are using a white department logo the minimum height should be no smaller than .265” tall.
- Appropriate clear space must be maintained on all sides. There should always be a minimum of 1/2 the distance “x” between the outside edge of the logo and any other page element, including the edge of the page, where “x” is equal to the height of the Old Well icon. The vertical line dividing “UNC” and the unit or department name may fall inside of the clear space. See Unit and Department Logo Guidelines (PDF) for detailed information.
- Backgrounds behind the logo
- Avoid brightly colored backgrounds. White, black, or Carolina Blue backgrounds are preferred.
- Avoid heavily patterned backgrounds or on blue backgrounds other than those that are PMS 542 or a close approximation of it. For example, do not print the logo in white on other blues, (e.g. royal, teal or aqua blue background).
- The Old Well may not be used in a repeating pattern or intermixed with other images to create new graphic images or logos.
UNC Kenan-Flagler Logo
University Style Guides and Logo:
University Trademarks & Licensing
Information about protected marks of the University and how they can be used: http://www.licensing.unc.edu