Celebrating 15 years of Leadership in Sustainable Enterprise
Through education, research and outreach, the Center for Sustainable Enterprise (CSE) empowers business leaders to build shareholder value while exercising environmental stewardship and promoting societal well being. CSE provides students, executives and organizations with the education, experiential learning and career development resources necessary to become innovative leaders in sustainable enterprise.
During the 2013-2014 academic year, Kenan-Flagler received FOUR top-ten rankings:
- #7 for Sustainability by Businessweek
- #7 “Best Green MBA” by The Princeton Review
- #9 for Corporate Social Responsibility and Ethics by the Financial Times
- #9 “Top Program for Sustainability” in Net Impact 2013 Business as Unusual Guide
CSE integrates sustainability into the MBA, undergraduate and executive MBA programs, preparing students and executives to be managers and business leaders whose knowledge of sustainability concepts and strategies gives them a competitive advantage. The MBA Sustainable Enterprise Enrichment Concentration is composed of over 20 electives that apply across functional areas and industries.
CSE provides experiential learning opportunities to UNC Kenan- Flagler students in the practice of sustainable enterprise, working with organizations to identify and leverage competitive advantage through sustainable enterprise strategies and practices. Students gain insight and experience they apply sustainability to real-world business projects. The Sustainability Leadership Capstone equips student leaders with skills and experiences that enable them to advance sustainable business practices immediately after business school and throughout their careers.
CSE pursues and promotes a rigorous applied research agenda, supporting faculty, student and research partner projects in sustainable enterprise across areas of strategy, marketing, finance, real estate and entrepreneurship. The CSE Sustainability KnowledgeBank is a research portal showcasing case studies, white papers, blogs, news feeds and the latest thinking on how to build a business that’s both competitive and responsible.
Collaborative Career Development
CSE works collaboratively with the Energy Club and Net Impact Chapters and the Career Management Center to provide programs and resources that enable students and executives to explore managerial and leadership opportunities focused on the triple bottom line. The UNC Kenan-Flagler alumni number over 600 with the concentration in sustainable enterprise and they are making an impact in their careers around the world in roles across functions and industries.
CSE Operations Committee
The CSE Operations Committee is designed to provide input on CSE key strategies and programs, to advance the integration of sustainability across the business school and to ensure the high quality and impact of its education and research programs. The committee meets three times per year and includes key administrators and faculty across Kenan-Flagler and UNC programs related to sustainable enterprise.
CSE Operations Committee Members:
- Allison Adams, Director, Global Media Strategy, UNC Kenan-Flagler
- Katrin Baker, Associate Director, MBA Career Management Center, UNC Kenan-Flagler
- Lisa Jones Christensen, Assistant Professor of Strategy and Entrepreneurship, UNC Kenan-Flagler
- Nicholas M. Didow Jr., Associate Professor of Marketing, UNC Kenan-Flagler
- Dan Bursch, Director MBA Online, MBA@UNC
- Meghan Gosk, Senior Associate Director, Student Services, UNC Kenan-Flagler
- Richard Harrill, Director, Campus Y, UNC
- Martha Hoelzer, Alumni Relations Associate, Advancement, UNC Kenan-Flagler
- Lingmei Howell, Outreach Director, Kenan Institute for Private Enterprise, UNC
- Julia Kruse, Executive Director, CIBER, Kenan Institute, UNC
- Rachel McNassor, Director of Development, UNC Kenan-Flagler
- Shawnice Meador, Director of Career Management & Leadership Development, MBA@UNC, UNC Kenan-Flagler
- Anna Millar, Senior Associate Director, Undergraduate Business Program, UNC Kenan-Flagler
- Carol Hee, Assistant Professor of Strategy and Entrepreneurship & Director, CSE, UNC Kenan-Flagler
- Albert Segars, CSE Faculty Director, Chair of Strategy and Entrepreneurship, UNC Kenan-Flagler
- Cindy Shea, Director, UNC Sustainability Office, UNC
- Mindy Storrie, Director, Leadership Initiative, UNC Kenan-Flagler
- Jeff Terry, Executive Director, Alumni Relations, UNC Kenan-Flagler
- Tracy Triggs-Matthews, Associate Director, CSE, UNC Kenan-Flagler
- Mathilde Verdier, CUBE Coordinator, Campus Y, UNC