Leadership in Sustainable Enterprise
For over a decade, the Center for Sustainable Enterprise (CSE) has been the hub of sustainability at UNC Kenan-Flagler, creating leaders for the world we envision using business to innovate for global change. CSE provides students, executives and organizations with the education, experiential learning and career development resources necessary to become innovative leaders in sustainable enterprise.
- UNC Kenan-Flagler has been ranked No. 3 globally for Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Ethics by The Financial Times in their Global MBA Rankings 2013.
- UNC Kenan-Flagler has been ranked No. 7 globally for Sustainability in Bloomberg Businessweek’s 2013 MBA Rankings: Top Schools for Sustainability.
- UNC Kenan-Flagler has been ranked No. 4 in courses with for-profit impact and No. 9 globally by The Aspen Institute’s Beyond Grey Pinstripes in their 2012 ranking of business schools worldwide.
CSE integrates sustainability into the MBA, undergraduate and executive MBA programs, preparing students and executives to be managers and business leaders whose knowledge of sustainability concepts and strategies gives them a competitive advantage. The MBA Sustainable Enterprise Enrichment Concentration is composed of 20 electives that apply across functional areas and industries. Over 30% of the MBA Class of 2012 completed the concentration.
CSE provides experiential learning opportunities to UNC Kenan- Flagler students in the practice of sustainable enterprise, working with organizations to identify and leverage competitive advantage through sustainable enterprise strategies and practices. Students gain insight and experience they apply sustainability to real-world business projects. The Sustainability Leadership Capstone equips student leaders with skills and experiences that enable them to advance sustainable business practices immediately after business school and throughout their careers.
CSE pursues and promotes a rigorous applied research agenda, supporting faculty, student and research partner projects in sustainable enterprise across areas of strategy, marketing, finance, real estate and entrepreneurship. The CSE Sustainability KnowledgeBank is a research portal showcasing case studies, white papers, blogs, news feeds and the latest thinking on how to build a business that’s both competitive and responsible.
Collaborative Career Development
CSE works collaboratively with the Energy Club and Net Impact Chapters and the Career Management Center to provide programs and resources that enable students and executives to explore managerial and leadership opportunities focused on the triple bottom line. UNC Kenan-Flagler alumni are making an impact in sustainability careers around the world in roles across functions and industries.
CSE Operations Committee
The CSE Operations Committee is designed to provide input on CSE key strategies and programs, to advance the integration of sustainable across the business school and to ensure the high quality and impact of its education and research programs. The committee meets three times per year and includes key administrators and faculty across Kenan-Flagler and UNC programs related to sustainable enterprise.
CSE Operations Committee Members:
- Allison Adams, Director, Global Media Strategy, UNC Kenan-Flagler
- Katrin Baker, Associate Director, MBA Career Management Center, UNC Kenan-Flagler
- Lisa Jones Christensen, Assistant Professor of Strategy and Entrepreneurship, UNC Kenan-Flagler
- Nicholas M. Didow Jr., Associate Professor of Marketing, UNC Kenan-Flagler
- Jean Elia, Associate Dean for Strategy and Administration, UNC Kenan-Flagler
- Christine Ferrell, Director, Marketing & Business Development, MBA for Executives, UNC Kenan-Flagler
- Lynne Gerber, Director, Action-based Learning Programs Senior Advisor, UNC Kenan-Flagler
- Richard Harrill, Director, Campus Y, UNC
- Martha Hoelzer, Alumni Relations Associate, Advancement, UNC Kenan-Flagler
- Lingmei Howell, Outreach Director, Kenan Institute for Private Enterprise, UNC
- Julia Kruse, Executive Director, CIBER, Kenan Institute, UNC
- Rachel McNassor, Director of Development, UNC Kenan-Flagler
- Shawnice Meador, Director of Career Management & Leadership Development, MBA@UNC, UNC Kenan-Flagler
- Anna Millar, Senior Associate Director, Undergraduate Business Program, UNC Kenan-Flagler
- Carol Seagle, Assistant Professor & CSE Research Director, UNC Kenan-Flagler
- Albert Segars, CSE Faculty Director, Chair of Strategy and Entrepreneurship, UNC Kenan-Flagler
- Elizabeth Shay, Research Associate and Lecturer, Institute for the Environment, UNC
- Cindy Shea, Director, UNC Sustainability Office, UNC
- Mindy Storrie, Director, Leadership Initiative, UNC Kenan-Flagler
- Jeff Terry, Executive Director, Alumni Relations, UNC Kenan-Flagler
- Jessica Thomas, CSE Managing Director, UNC Kenan-Flagler
- Tracy Triggs-Matthews, Assistant Director, CSE, UNC Kenan-Flagler
- Emily Wilkins, Associate Director, MBA Program, UNC Kenan-Flagler
- Mathilde Verdier, CUBE Coordinator, Campus Y, UNC