Undergraduate Opportunities in Sustainable Enterprise
UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School is ranked one of the top business schools in the world for sustainable enterprise education.
Undergraduate Business Courses
- BUSI 505-003 Entrepreneurial Consulting - Pat Garner
- BUSI 507 Sustainable Business and Social Entrepreneurship – Carol Hee
- BUSI 611 International Development - Larry Chavis
- BUSI 617 Global Marketing - Nicholas Didow
Speakers and Events
UNC Kenan-Flagler hosts speakers and events covering a wide range of environmental and social management issues including:
- Chuck Swoboda, President, Chairman and CEO of Cree, Inc (Fall 2014)
- Lindsay James (MBA '03), Vice President of Restorative Enterprise at Interface (Fall 2014)
- Global Sustainability Symposium, "The Story of Cities: Global and Local Perspectives on the Quest for Thriving and Sustainable Communities ( Spring 2014)
- People. Planet. Profits. Building a Better World One Step at a Time (Spring 2014)
- UNC Global Sustainability Symposium, “Water and Energy in the Crosshairs” (2013).
- Tom Szaky, CEO and Founder, TerraCycle (2012).
- Miranda Ballentine, Director of Sustainability, Walmart (2012).
- UNC Global Sustainability Symposium, “Shared Tables: A Triangle Symposium on Local and Global Food Studies” (2012).
UNC Kenan-Flagler provides experiential learning opportunities to Undergraduate Business students in the practice of sustainable enterprise.
STAR (Student Teams Achieving Results)
Kenan-Flagler's STAR program sends teams of top MBAs and Undergraduate Business students to build comprehensive and actionable strategies for corporations and not-for-profits seeking to strengthen their global competitiveness. Many STAR projects focus on sustainability.
Kenan-Flagler supports faculty and student research projects in sustainable enterprise across the areas of strategy, marketing, finance, real estate, and entrepreneurship.
UNC Kenan-Flagler Sustainability Blog
Kenan-Flagler's Sustainability Blog is the online extension of the UNC Kenan-Flagler sustainability community. Our mission is to give you a behind-the-scenes look at the innovative programs, resources and activities that have made Kenan-Flagler a global leader in sustainable enterprise.
BSBA 2018, Undergraduate Net Impact Club
Associate Director, Center for Sustainable Enterprise
Adviser, Undergraduate Net Impact Chapter