UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School is ranked one of the top business schools in the world for sustainable enterprise education.
Undergraduate Business Courses
BUSI 505-003 Entrepreneurial Consulting - Pat Garner
BSBA 507 Sustainable Business and Social Entrepreneurship – Carol Seagle
BSBA 543 Ethics in Management – Ellen Pierce
BSBA 617 Global Marketing – Nicholas Didow
BSBA 699 Moral Foundations of Capital – John Lewis
Speakers and Events
UNC Kenan-Flagler hosts speakers and events covering a wide range of environmental and social management issues including:
- UNC Global Sustainability Symposium, “Water and Energy in the Crosshairs” (2013).
- Tom Szaky, CEO and Founder, TerraCycle (2012).
- Miranda Ballentine, Director of Sustainability, Walmart (2012).
- UNC Global Sustainability Symposium, “Shared Tables: A Triangle Symposium on Local and Global Food Studies” (2012).
- Val Smith, Director of Sustainability, Citi (2011).
- Adam Lowry, Founder and CEO, Method Products (2011).
- Joe Bozich, CEO, Knights Apparel (2011).
- Yola Carlough, Director of Sustainability, Burt’s Bees (2011).
- UNC Global Sustainability Symposium, “Can We (Micro) Franchise Our Way Out of Poverty?” (2011).
- William McDonough, author of Cradle to Cradle (2011).
UNC Kenan-Flagler provides experiential learning opportunities to Undergraduate Business students in the practice of sustainable enterprise.
CSE Leadership Fellows
CSE Fellows are committed, exceptional MBA and Undergraduate Business leaders who work collaboratively with each other and the CSE Team, to advance the Center’s strategic priorities.
STAR (Student Teams Achieving Results)
Kenan-Flagler's STAR program sends teams of top MBAs and Undergraduate Business students to build comprehensive and actionable strategies for corporations and not-for-profits seeking to strengthen their global competitiveness. Many STAR projects focus on sustainability.
Kenan-Flagler supports faculty and student research projects in sustainable enterprise across the areas of strategy, marketing, finance, real estate, and entrepreneurship.
UNC Kenan-Flagler Sustainability Blog
Kenan-Flagler's Sustainability Blog is the online extension of the UNC Kenan-Flagler sustainability community. Our mission is to give you a behind-the-scenes look at the innovative programs, resources and activities that have made Kenan-Flagler a global leader in sustainable enterprise.
Sustainability Knowledge Bank
A publicly accessible database of publications on a wide array of leading-edge sustainability research - performed by both our renowned faculty and our talented students - on a broad range of sustainability topics.
BSBA 2013, Co-president, Undergraduate Net Impact Club
BSBA Senior Associate Director, Advising and Administration
Assistant Professor of Strategy and Entrepreneurship
Director of Research, Center for Sustainable Enterprise
Faculty Adviser, Undergraduate Net Impact Chapter
Assistant Director, Center for Sustainable Enterprise