Undergraduate Business 2014
Boca Raton, Florida
"UNC Kenan-Flagler fosters a shared experience. This translates into a strong network of peers and alumni who you can connect with on a meaningful level."
“Last summer I interned for the St. Bernard Project, a non-profit in New Orleans that rebuilds houses for families with a variety of hardships. Working in development, I learned about financial planning, fundraising, and scalability. During my time there, I saw 38 families welcomed home for the first time since Hurricane Katrina. This summer I will complete a financial management internship with GE Energy’s Oil and Gas division.”
“Although I am still figuring this out, I hope to find a career that explores the nexus of finance and social entrepreneurship.”
Why I chose UNC
“I chose to matriculate at UNC due to its friendly atmosphere, amazing weather and culture of innovation that combined creates an unparalleled undergraduate experience.”
My experience of the Undergraduate Business program
- Before coming to UNC, I did not plan on studying business. After gaining exposure to the education, support, and resources UNC Kenan-Flagler has to offer as an assured admit, I realized that the undergraduate program aligned much more with my interests and goals than I had anticipated. Mixing theory with application, the program teaches you how to think critically and function effectively in a variety of transferable settings.
- The undergraduate program is dedicated to expanding your horizons and cultivating your passions. Due to my personal interest in energy, the school funded me to attend a conference on sustainability in business at William and Mary last November.
- UNC Kenan-Flagler also offers an array of programs that prepares students for today’s global business world. As such, I am studying at the Chinese University of Hong Kong in the fall 2012 semester to better understand Southeast Asian development and business practices.”
The UNC Kenan-Flagler Network
“With all of the students going through many of the same courses with the same professors in settings that facilitate teamwork, UNC Kenan-Flagler fosters a shared experience. This translates into a strong network of peers and alumni who you can connect with on a meaningful level.”
- Net Impact
- Student Undergraduate Teaching and Staff Awards committee
- Sigma Phi Epsilon
- Robertson Scholars Leadership Program