"The Career Management Center helps the international students with one-on-one consulting and getting accustomed to the area and U.S. culture."
- BE, electronic engineering, Shanghai University
- Worked for Samsung in technical positions that involved helping the sales force understand the products
- Worked for Intel division responsible for bringing new products to market in Asia Pacific, Europe and the United States, traveling to 15 countries
I have experience with marketing and engineering, so I want to learn more about finance. I also want to do a consulting job afterward, so the consulting concentration is a natural choice for me.
Why I chose UNC
- Direct contact with schools is sometimes difficult for international students, but not at UNC. Whether I contacted alumni, admissions officers, or faculty at UNC, they all responded to me quickly and precisely.
- I also learned from other Chinese students that there is a good cooperative and collaborative environment here.
- Wine Club
- Running Club
- Marketing Club
- General Management Club
- Consulting Club
- Finance Club
I joined a number of clubs to benefit from the diversity here. It's taken some time, but I feel it is worth it.
My experience of the MBA program at UNC
The Career Management Center helps international students a lot in terms of one-on-one consulting and extra efforts to help them really get accustomed to U.S. culture.
The faculty applies their cutting-edge knowledge in the classroom. We learn a lot from the real-world experience of cases.
The UNC Kenan-Flagler network
We have great access to alumni, we can search for contacts in the alumni career network, and we have social networking. Whenever I reach out to one of the alumni, they respond to me overnight. They really want to help you to do the best you can.