My career goals
"I am very interested in the financial markets and commodity trading and aspire to work in a profession that matches these interests. After a few years of work, I hope to return to school and complete my MBA."
"I interned at McNeary Insurance in the summer of 2007. I worked as a marketing assistant to support the business development branch of the company. I built databases for mailings and cold calling. The internship gave me the opportunity to learn about the importance of marketing in a small business."
Why I chose UNC
"UNC offered a top-notch education close to home. Ultimately, the positive word of mouth and the fantastic reputation of the University was what brought me here."
My experience of the BSBA program at UNC
- The BSBA program at UNC has opened my eyes to the endless possibilities in the world of business.
- The school's experienced professors have the expertise to incorporate the current market into their teachings and are able to provide clear explanations of the subject matter. This environment allows for interactive and informative discussions with classmates and professors.
- This summer I had the chance to study abroad in Southeast Asia as part of a study abroad immersion program. I can say without a doubt that the trip was the most revealing and educational experience of my life. The trip broadened my view of the world and gave me invaluable knowledge about the global economy.
The UNC Kenan-Flagler network
"Working as a member of the Undergraduate Business Symposium core committee has given me the chance to network with UNC graduates who attended the event and to learn about their professions. The alumni have all been extremely helpful in providing career advice and guidance."
- Symposium core committee member
- Big Brother Big Sister mentor
- Economics and accounting peer tutor
"Extracurricular activities have given me the chance to branch out and meet many other students. The benefits of these activities make taking part in them almost effortless."