Undergraduate Business 2010
Fort Leavenworth, Kansas
Durham, North Carolina
"UNC has many scholarships, loans, and other programs to make sure any qualified candidate can afford to come here."
My career goals
"My goal is to work in international business. I want to either work for the federal government or for a multinational corporation helping to improve business strategies in nations around the world."
"I have an internship lined up this summer with RBC Centura. I will be working in their global sector, where I will evaluate business decisions that cross national borders. I also plan on studying abroad in the Netherlands next summer through a Kenan-Flagler study abroad program."
Why I chose UNC
"UNC has always been a part of my life, since I grew up in Durham and both of my parents came here for graduate school. When it was time for me to make my college decision, UNC had four strong selling points that made the school my first choice:
- Excellent academics. I planned on being a business major and the undergraduate business program at UNC is consistently ranked in the top 10 in the country.
- Community feel. When you meet someone and you find out they attend or attended UNC you immediately have an unbreakable bond with them. That's irreplaceable.
- Excellent athletics. Nothing is better after a stressful week of class than to watch your classmates compete on TV and represent the University well.
- Affordability. UNC has many scholarships, loans and other programs to make sure any qualified candidate can afford to come here."
My experience of the BSBA program at UNC
- My professors have made themselves very available to us. They often solicit critiques of their teaching methods to be the best professors they can be.
- I love working diligently with other people towards a common goal. When I arrive at the business school early and leave late and see people studying, it encourages me to work that much harder.
The UNC Kenan-Flagler network
"I spoke with many alumni when I served as an executive host for the 2008 Undergraduate Business Symposium. These individuals opened up to me immediately, giving me contact information and any small pieces of advice they thought would be advantageous in my quest towards graduation."
- Treasurer, GOLD-N-LOVE, a service organization
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Incorporated
"I also have two jobs. Together with my extracurricular activities, this has taught me how to effectively manage my time so that I still have time for myself. I get real-life experiences while still getting solid academic experience. What more can one ask for?"