"The network undoubtedly is a differentiator for UNC Kenan-Flagler. Alumni frequently return to campus to share their experiences during events such as Securities Industry Day or The Alpha Challenge. They often describe their time at UNC as 'one of the best experiences' of their lives."
- Born and raised in Washington, DC
- BS in Business Administration, Carnegie Mellon, 2002
- Conducted investment research and served clients at a fee-only financial planning firm
- Focused on researching small-cap stocks for a large newsletter at The Motley Fool
- Co-founded a non-profit organization that teaches financial literacy and verbal communication skills to 6th and 7th grade students in DC public schools
"Upon graduation, I plan to work in investment management and focus on asset allocation. I see myself in a role where I construct portfolios for clients that help them achieve their financial goals."
Why I chose UNC Kenan-Flagler
- Intensely team-oriented environment
- Accessibility and experience of the professors
- Emphasis on developing ethical leaders
My experience of the MBA program at UNC Kenan-Flagler
- "The program has exceeded my expectations in many respects - most especially in how receptive faculty and directors are to student feedback."
- "Student enthusiasm and pride for UNC has been apparent since the moment I set foot on campus."
- "Chapel Hill offers the cultural benefits and social opportunities of a big city."
The UNC Kenan-Flagler network
"The network undoubtedly is a differentiator for UNC Kenan-Flagler. Through the MBA program, I have had multiple opportunities to seek career guidance from UNC's distinguished alumni. I have reached out to several of them in my first few months on campus and each has not only been willing but eager to assist me. They frequently return to campus to share their experiences during events such as Securities Industry Day or The Alpha Stock Pitch Competition. They often describe their time at UNC as 'one of the best experiences' of their lives."