- Obtained both bachelor's and master's degrees in chemistry from the University of Greenwich, London, U.K
- Worked for HSBC Holdings and London City Airport, both located in London
- Before coming to UNC Kenan-Flagler, spent 4 years in Versailles, Ky. working for Ashford Stud, a thoroughbred breeding operation
After my MBA at UNC Kenan-Flagler, my goal is to develop a career in marketing in the U.S. Eventually my intention is to lead and manage my own company in Spain by leveraging the business knowledge and leadership skills that I will gain during and after my experience at Kenan-Flagler.
Why I chose UNC
- I appreciated the school's core values and sense of community.
- I was initially very attracted to Kenan-Flagler's curriculum design. The variety of elective courses allows me to tailor my choices when looking at post-MBA career goals.
- After visiting Kenan-Flagler as a prospective student I was very impressed with the warm and friendly welcome I received.
- I noticed how culturally diverse the student body was and the many possibilities the school offers to travel abroad to learn from and meet global business leaders.
One of the most rewarding activities is helping on the Habitat for Humanity house that Kenan-Flagler builds. To help the future tenants, Oliver and his family, build their house is incredibly satisfying and fun. It truly makes you feel that you can make a difference. I also enjoy helping the Ronald McDonald house and participating in school fundraisers. I can take the school's values and apply them outside the academic environment.
My experience of the MBA program at UNC
- I have not stopped learning both inside and outside the classroom, from professors, from classmates and from the school's heritage. Students have the opportunity to create their legacy at Kenan-Flagler.
- For someone with non-business educational and professional background I found the core curriculum very challenging. The learning experience is extremely rewarding, I feel like every day I take huge strides developing my business skills.
- Here, one can become a leader if one has an idea that leads to a good cause because people will support it and will make it happen.
The UNC Kenan-Flagler network
The greatest asset UNC Kenan-Flagler holds is its people. UNC Kenan-Flagler made the alumni network available to me even before I started the MBA program. Since the day the program began there were so many networking events for current students to meet alumni that my available resources for advice on career, courses, companies and concentrations just keep expanding. The alumni offered their help and advice from the minute I met them.