Undergraduate Business, Political Science 2010
"I am participating in the STAR program, an initiative in which undergraduates are paired with an MBA students and an industry executive to work in a real consulting project. The leadership initiatives differentiate the school."
My career goals
"I want to work in management consulting after graduating, hopefully at one of the top consulting firms. After that I want to go to graduate school and get my MBA. Then after some years when I have experience I want to start my own business, hopefully my own consulting firm."
"I have interned in a financial consulting firm back home. I also interned with a U.S. congresswoman last summer. I got invited to the White House for Colombian Independence Day. It was a very enriching experience. I am intending to intern at a consulting firm this summer."
Why I chose UNC
- The professors - not only their resumes and the quality of their teaching but how engaging they are and how willing they are to help you; for example, getting you contacts within firms to put you in touch with the right people for internships and fulltime opportunities.
- UNC Kenan-Flagler was the sole determinant for me coming from Colombia all the way up to North Carolina and the United States. I was impressed by UNC Kenan-Flagler's reputation, standing, the faculty and the comments that you would hear from people who also graduated from top-tier universities in the South. I just knew that the business school in Chapel Hill was great, and it has more than lived up to my expectations.
My experience of the BSBA program at UNC
"The Leadership Initiative that just started for undergraduates is amazing. I am participating in the STAR program, a brand-new initiative in which undergraduates are paired with an MBA student and an industry executive to work in a real consulting project. These leadership initiatives differentiate the school."
The UNC Kenan-Flagler network
"One of my professors gave me a broad list of individuals who graduated from Kenan-Flagler and are placed in the top consulting firms. When I contacted them, they were extremely friendly and extremely open to help and take time out of their busy schedules to talk with me. It's just great, and it shows that firms value people who graduate from here."
- Editor, La Colina, the first Latin or Hispanic Spanish-language publication on campus
- Vice-president and treasurer, Undergraduate Investment Club
- President, Minority Business School Alliance
- Undergraudate Consulting Club