Deloitte Consulting – Strategy & Operations, Atlanta Office
- Bachelor of Science in Marketing from Hampton University in 2008
- Worked in corporate finance with Johnson & Johnson for three years in Philadelphia, PA and Cincinnati, OH. Included two years in J&J’s Financial Leadership Development Program.
“My ultimate career goal is to be a business leader focusing on social impact issues, specifically in the areas of community & economic development, education and philanthropy.”
Why I chose UNC Kenan-Flagler
- I wanted to be in an environment that was heavily team-based. I find value in the opportunity to build meaningful relationships, and a team-based program with a smaller amount of students afforded such a platform.
- I really wanted to be in a college town. I made this decision, because I felt more often than not, individuals who come to college towns are truly there for the people and the program rather than the chance to escape into the big city. It allows for more relationship building.
- UNC Kenan-Flagler places major emphasis in building leadership skills through the Leadership Initiative, which was very attractive. Leaders of today must have skills beyond the technical, and UNC Kenan-Flagler’s leadership platform is the best at building those other critical abilities.
My experience of the MBA program at UNC
- Thus far, my experience has been nothing short of fulfilling. I’ve been able to accomplish so much in a short amount of time. The classes I’ve taken have improved my business acumen by leaps and bounds. Additionally, each professor is more than willing to go the extra mile with students who have interests in doing so.
- I came to UNC Kenan-Flagler with the expressed purpose of gaining leadership experience, which I’ve also been able to accomplish. I’ve held four leadership roles in my first year, and my second year includes more leadership opportunities such as the President of the Alliance of Minority Business Students. Such growth experiences prepare me for, what I hope to be, a very impactful career moving forward.
- Finally, the people I’ve met are as fun to be around as I would have hoped. People here at UNC Kenan-Flagler are easy to get along with, yet very driven. Everyone is up for a good time and although academic and career success is #1, people don’t take themselves too seriously. It’s a great atmosphere.
The UNC Kenan-Flagler Network
- The network is probably one of the best surprises about the program. So many alumni are actively engaged in recruiting for their corporations or being advocates for the program. It’s impressive to see how many alumni are in influential positions in their career and the time they give back.
- It’s just another example of why the people of UNC Kenan-Flagler make the difference for the program: the commitment to give back to fellow peers is just as strong post-graduation as it is during matriculation.