Huntington Beach, California
"UNC Kenan-Flagler excels at providing students a flexible curriculum with specific courses and career opportunities unique to the school, such as in Real Estate and Sustainable Enterprise. "
Intern for the Organic Growth Group at Waste Management, Inc
- Bachelors in Environmental Analysis and Design from the University of California, Irvine in 2007
- Worked for three years as an environmental consultant at SAIC, completing energy projects for the state of California, waste and recycling projects for Los Angeles County and research projects for the Environmental Protection Industry
“Going into my second year at UNC Kenan-Flagler I was determined to join a company with an MBA Leadership/Rotational program so that I could continue to learn the ins and outs of different business areas and functions. Thanks to UNC Kenan-Flagler I will be doing just that within the airline industry, and I hope to eventually become a senior leader on the commercial side of the business. Long-term, I also want to utilize the real estate knowledge I gained at UNC Kenan-Flagler to invest in both domestic and international real estate.”
Why I chose UNC Kenan-Flagler
- UNC Kenan-Flagler excels at providing students a flexible curriculum with specific courses and career opportunities unique to the school, such as in Real Estate and Sustainable Enterprise.
- I was worried about pigeonholing myself in my job before business school and wanted a school that would make me well rounded but also let me explore specific areas of interest.
- I wanted to attend a school with global opportunities. UNC Kenan-Flagler provides opportunities to travel abroad for Habitat for Humanity, STAR projects, Sustainability Immersion, GIE’s and DBI’s. I never studied abroad as an undergrad, but was determined to go abroad in business school; UNC Kenan-Flagler’s range of exchange opportunities are unsurpassed.
- The culture of Kenan-Flagler is really unique. During my first visit to campus as a prospective during Spring Break, a second-year student I contacted took time from their vacation to take me to school and show me the area. Everyone is generous and truly wants you to succeed.
My experience of the MBA program at UNC Kenan-Flagler
“I had a great experience at UNC Kenan-Flagler. The quality of my fellow classmates is impressive. Everything I wanted to do and accomplish coming into business school became a reality. I was given opportunities to lead, challenge myself academically, see the world, give back both locally and internationally, obtain my dream job and make lifelong friends. My experience at UNC Kenan-Flagler was a success on all levels.”
The UNC Kenan-Flagler Network
“The Kenan-Flagler Network has exceeded all my expectations. The alumni, MBA, MAC, and BSBA’s, are very helpful and willing to go out of their way for any student. The strong network makes it easier for students who are doing off-campus recruiting. Although my summer internship was with a company that does not recruit on campus, UNC Kenan-Flagler still had a presence there that reached out to me throughout my summer. Additionally, the alumni really want to give back to the school and their involvement was crucial for me this past year in planning the Careers in Sustainability Forum.”