Undergraduate Business 2012
Greensboro, North Carolina
"I’m a Tar Heel born and bred. My interest in majoring in business, and UNC Kenan-Flagler’s impressive reputation were the icing on the cake."
“After graduation, I will be starting my career in the financial services industry with Wells Fargo & Company. I will work for a few years and then return to school to obtain a MBA. Ultimately, I would like to pursue a career in corporate development in the U.S and Latin America.”
Why I chose UNC
“Since the age of eight, I have dreamed of attending the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. I didn’t need a campus tour, or a great basketball season, or a famous alumnus to help me make that decision. There was no decision to be made. I’m a Tar Heel born and bred. My interest in majoring in business, and UNC Kenan-Flagler’s impressive reputation were the icing on the cake.”
My experience of the Undergraduate Business program:
- The Undergraduate Business Program at UNC has opened my eyes to the endless possibilities in the world of business.
- There is an unlimited amount of opportunities within the business school to get involved in things that will help you prepare for your future endeavors.
- The Undergraduate Business Program faculty and staff are excellent in every way imaginable. They are an invaluable resource for the students within UNC Kenan-Flagler.
- I have developed life-long friendships with fellow business students. I know I will have these strong relationships for the rest of my life, no matter where everyone ends up.
- The program faculty has the ability to ensure that all students can grasp the coursework. Also, they are extremely helpful and always go the second mile to help students get the most out of every course.
- Over spring break, I had the chance to study abroad in Santiago, Chile as part of a short-term immersion program. I can say without a doubt that the trip was the most revealing and educational experience of my life. The trip broadened my view of the world, helped me learn about myself and gave me invaluable knowledge about the global economy.
- Overall, the program inspires students to not only learn, but to give back and assist students that come along after them, in order to maintain the school as one of the best in the country.
The UNC Kenan-Flagler Network
“Working as a member of the Undergraduate Business Symposium core committee and being president of two undergraduate business student organizations has given me the opportunity to network with UNC graduates, MBA students and business executives and professionals. Everyone has been extremely helpful in providing career advice and guidance. Also, they always want to help. At UNC Kenan-Flagler, you can build a network of professionals from virtually all industry sectors.”
- 2011-2012 President, Minority Business Student Alliance
- 2011-2012 President, Undergraduate Accounting Club
- 2011-2012 Executive Vice-President, UNC Chapter of the National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- Undergraduate Business Student Ambassador
- Undergraduate Business Symposium Core Committee Member
- Resident Advisor, Craige Community