- Born in Ft. Gordon, Georgia and grew up in a military family that moved throughout the U.S. and overseas. I spent high school in Heidelberg, Germany which was an incredible experience and gave me the ability to live within another culture
- Bachelors of Business Administration Degree from University of Georgia in 2004
- Worked for five years on Wall Street with Lehman Brothers and Neuberger Berman in its alternative investments department as a product specialist
"My ultimate career goal is to lead an investment management organization. My goal directly after business school will be to secure a position within a portfolio management capacity. I am excited about the resources here at UNC Kenan-Flagler such as the Applied Investment Management class, Capital Markets Lab and Investment Management club to help me prepare for that initial role after business school."
Why I chose UNC Kenan-Flagler
- I really wanted to be a part of a smaller program where classmates, staff and faculty all knew me.
- After living in the big city for several years, I wanted to go back to experience a college town environment that would encompass a vibrant community but still be in a place with quick access to New York and London.
- When I came to visit the school, I really felt welcomed by other students and could sense the positive energy that I wanted to be affiliated with
How the UNC Kenan-Flagler Leadership Initiative influenced my decision to come to UNC Kenan-Flagler
"When I evaluated various MBA programs, the Leadership Initiative really stood out to me. The aspects of the Leadership Initiative revolved around the peer and executive coaching, real-life simulations and 360 feedback to build on improvement. Lots of MBA programs discuss how they build leaders, but UNC Kenan-Flagler shows how they build leadership through tangible actions throughout the course of one's two years."
My experience of the MBA program at UNC Kenan-Flagler
- Not only did I want a business program to provide with me opportunities for growth and development but also a program that would stretch me within the classroom. The Kenan-Flagler professors have done a great job of challenging us through theoretical concepts but showing how those concepts relate to pragmatic real-world problem solving. While we are stretched through the challenge of the program, I have been really impressed with how accessible the faculty is in meeting with students and ensuring that we are developing the skills that will help us understand the difficult concepts but more importantly understand how it pertains to current issues facing decision makers.
- The word that has described my experience at UNC thus far has been Community. You experience Community within the classroom, extra-circular clubs and social outings that you can share with spouses. Given the challenging and rigorous coursework, this sense of community is vital to the strength of the student body.
- Through the small size of the program students feel that they know a majority of their classmates and have lots of meaningful interactions through the various activities.
The UNC Kenan-Flagler network
"The UNC Kenan-Flagler network is extremely strong and vibrant. Members of the alumni still feel that sense of community from their days at UNC Kenan-Flagler and want to look for ways to help. I remember a few weeks ago when an alum from 2005 was in McColl for a recruiting visit and spent a few hours just talking with students and giving us advice on how to prepare for the upcoming interview season. I have been extremely impressed with the network and the willingness of alumni to give back."