Undergraduate Business 2012
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
"The Kenan-Flagler Alumni network is an extension of the undergraduate family; therefore, I've come to realize that my family will only grow once I graduate."
My career goals
Upon graduation, I plan to work full-time in the financial services industry.
I have accepted an internship with Morgan Stanley this summer at their New York City headquarters. I will be interning as part of the Richard B. Fischer Scholarship Program and rotating through numerous groups within institutional equities.
Why I chose UNC
- I like to take the road less travelled. Most students from Mississippi remain in-state; however, I knew this was an opportunity for me represent my community and state at an amazing institution
- Carolina Culture is amazing. Before I attended Carolina, I already felt like I had a great fit amongst an amazing family and community.
My experience of the BSBA program at UNC
- UNC Kenan-Flagler realizes that business is global and places this emphasis into all of its courses. Furthermore, I've had the opportunity to travel to India and South Africa through the BSBA program. UNC Kenan-Flagler has allowed me to see parts of the world that I would have never imagined.
- The BSBA Program is like a family. As a student in the business school, I have the special opportunity to build close relationships with many of my classmates. Beyond the networking, many of my friendships will develop into life-long bonds and memories.
- The course structure of the BSBA program has allowed me to develop my leadership and team skill sets. Through group assignments and course projects, we are able to challenge ourselves and our peers to discover and develop one another’s' strengths and weaknesses.
The UNC Kenan-Flagler network
The UNC Kenan-Flagler network is one-of-a-kind. The BSBA program does an outstanding job at connecting current students with Alumni and current MBA's at Kenan-Flagler.
I have met with quite a few Kenan-Flagler alumni through networking events and corporate visits. The Kenan-Flagler Alumni network is an extension of the undergraduate family; therefore, I've come to realize that my family will only grow once I graduate. Alumni are always willing to share their contact information, which makes bridging the gap from undergraduate student to full-time employee a lot easier. I look forward to bridging this gap for the rest of my life.
- Polemarch of the Theta Omicron Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
- Senior Marshall
- Student Leadership Advisory Committee to the Vice-Chancellor (SLAC)
- Vice-President of the National Panhellenic Council (NPHC-UNC)
- Mentor for Movement of Youth