My career goals
"After graduating from the BSBA program, I plan to continue my journey at Kenan-Flagler and enter the Master of Accounting Program. After receiving my CPA certification, I plan to use my degrees in Spanish and business administration to become a forensic accountant for a private international firm or a governmental agency. My dream is to one day work for the Federal Bureau of Investigation."
"I interned for two summers at Blackburn, Childers, and Steagell, a small accounting firm in Tennessee. Last summer I audited the Kingsport City and Sullivan County School Systems, which includes my own high school. I am a summer 2009 applicant for the FBI Honors Internship Program."
Why I chose UNC
- At first I didn't! My mom attended UNC. I wanted to create a new legacy. Eventually, however, my desire to find a school with a strong academic reputation and also a strong sense of community and collegiality led me to the school that I now love and cherish, UNC.
- UNC has been a place to grow intellectually and a second home. Kenan-Flagler has proven to be one of my favorite parts of UNC. It has allowed me to grow as a person and to form friendships that will last a lifetime.
My experience of the BSBA program at UNC
- My most rewarding experience at UNC has been my time at Kenan-Flagler Business School. I have thoroughly enjoyed my classes and professors and the enthusiastic and intellectual atmosphere.
- This spring, I will participate in the Kenan-Flagler STAR Program.
- I plan to participate in the Senior Immersion study-abroad program, a two-week trip to Egypt and Turkey. I am determined to see as much of the world as possible. Kenan-Flagler provides me with this unique and intellectually enhancing opportunity.
"As soon as I stepped onto campus, I wanted to get involved in anything and everything. I have connected with UNC administrators and learned how to work well with groups of other intelligent, ambitious people, who have in return helped to propel my own ambitions and goals."