"I chose UNC Kenan-Flagler because I want to dedicate my career to developing communities that embody the triple bottom line: profitability, sustainability, and social responsibility."
- BSE Civil and Environmental Engineering, Princeton University, 2004
- Worked for Gables Residential, a multifamily developer, as part of an investments team that developed apartment communities
"I am passionate about real estate because of its tangible impact on the way people around the world live, work and play: it creates communities, fosters economic development and shapes our culture. I believe that the future of real estate development lies in projects that integrate profitability with sustainability and social responsibility. I want to dedicate my career to developing communities that embody this triple bottom line and improve our world."
Why I chose UNC Kenan-Flagler
- The MBA program at UNC Kenan-Flagler offered a unique opportunity to bridge interests in real estate finance with a concentration in sustainable enterprise
- UNC Kenan-Flagler also offers a host of resources to dive deeper outside of the curriculum; the Center for Real Estate Development, Center for Sustainable Enterprise and the Kenan-Institute are incredible assets
Experience in the MBA program at UNC Kenan-Flagler
- "There is a sense of community here that is truly unique, and it enables you to learn and grow in ways you never thought possible."
- "The faculty members are genuinely interested in helping students learn; they are incredibly accessible and add an extra dimension to the learning experience that constantly goes beyond the classroom."
- "My classmates are the kind of people I want to work with later in life – they are driven, intelligent, creative and – most importantly – fun to be around."
The UNC Kenan-Flagler network
"I had the opportunity to witness the advantages of the UNC Kenan-Flagler network before I became a student. That experience was one of the main reasons UNC Kenan-Flagler was my first choice school. Through friends and work colleagues in Atlanta, I was able to have lunch with three UNC Kenan-Flagler alumni of various ages before I applied. I saw in each of them the qualities I wanted in my classmates – people who were equally passionate about their work, their community, and their colleagues. They spoke so highly of the school and their classmates (in two cases, this was many years after graduation), that I was sold."