My career goals
"After I graduate, I plan to earn a Master of Accounting degree and then go on to work as an accountant, most likely in a public accounting firm."
"I have accepted an internship with Ernst & Young in Charlotte. My internship will involve rotating through the different departments at the E&Y office to get a feel for how the firm works, as well as giving me a chance to try out tax and auditing."
Why I chose UNC
- I knew I wanted to stay in state and fortunately there are many great universities in North Carolina.
- In the end, I chose UNC because I loved the community and the people, as well as the high academic standards and highly ranked business school.
- Being a music minor, I also really liked the liberal arts program, especially the music department.
My experience of the BSBA program at UNC
- The professors take a genuine interest in their students and their development, making sure we become the best students we can be by pushing us to think outside of formulas and textbooks.
- My classmates are great. Everyone in the BSBA program is striving to do their best, so there is a great sense of camaraderie. I also like the emphasis on group projects, as it gives us a chance to build those teamwork skills that are important in most jobs.
- The BSBA program offers a lot in terms of outside opportunities.
- I like the program's emphasis on global awareness and the opportunities to travel abroad to study and learn about business cultures around the world.
The UNC Kenan-Flagler network
"I have met with quite a few Kenan-Flagler alumni through the Leadership Institute and as an executive host at the Undergraduate Business Symposium. All the alumni I have met with have been extremely nice and helpful, taking a genuine interest in my goals and answering any questions I may have had about school or the industry they work in. Some have even helped me toward my career goals by offering the opportunity to interview for internships."
- Tutor at a local elementary school
- SWAT (Student Worker Alliance for Tutoring) tutor
- Office assistant and classroom assistant at a local middle school
- Intramural sports
- North American committee chair, Advocates for Human Rights
Starting next semester, I hope to help with SPROUT, helping low-income families fill out their tax returns. Also, as part of my music minor I take piano lessons from a music professor.