Mission | Leadership Team | Membership Benefits | Major Events
We aim to provide members with the tools, education, and experiences to effectively conduct career searches, perform successfully during interviews, and execute the professional tasks required during their post-graduate careers.
Cary Tiernan - President
Prior to business school, Cary worked as the corporate marketing writer for a new national real estate brand, Cassidy Turley, where he helped build the company’s brand right after it launched. Prior to that, he also served in various roles at commercial real estate firms, including as speechwriter to the CEO of Cushman & Wakefield and in business development at Newmark Grubb Knight Frank. Going forward, Cary’s focus is on building brands through the intersection of consumer demand and technology.
Ana Lopez- VP of Finance
Ana Lopez is from Columbus, Ohio. Prior to attending Kenan-Flagler, Ana worked as a television news reporter for NBC and in corporate communications for Nationwide Insurance and Towers Watson. At Kenan-Flagler, Ana is concentrating in Marketing and Consulting. Upon graduation, she hopes to work in brand management for a consumer packaged goods company.
Blake Ervin - VP of Communications
Blake is a native of North Carolina and proud “Double Tar heel.” Upon graduating from UNC-CH, he worked for three years as a Secondary Language Arts Teacher at a Title I school in Oxford, NC through Teach For America.
Corinne Baker- VP of Corporate Sponsorship
Prior to attending UNC Corinne worked as a performing artist and arts marketer in Washington DC. She has a passion for entrepreneurial endeavors and is a Co-Founder of the DC community music series, The Back Porch. At UNC Corinne is a Legacy Representative and a Marketing Fellow. She is thrilled to be joining the leadership of the Marketing Club and looks forward to a fantastic year..
Katie Haines - VP of Case Competition
Katie is from Birmingham, AL and worked in New York City at a media agency before business school. She loves being back in the South at Kenan-Flagler and exploring the mountains and beaches of North Carolina.
Jon Holbrook - VP of Learning & Development
After graduating from Davidson, Jon joined Teach For America and taught science at a high school right outside of New Orleans. Following his TFA commitment, he spent two years advising small businesses on their social media strategy at LivingSocial.
Paul Boyd - VP of Shadow Days
Before coming to Kenan-Flagler Paul worked in consulting for 7 years in Washington, D.C. While specializing in mobile technologies, Paul developed a passion for digital and decided to act upon this to make the transition into Brand Management after school.
Greg Valenski - VP of Shadow Days
After attending Colby College and playing hockey for four years Greg did what any hockey player would do: move to Hawaii. In Hawaii Greg worked at Bank of Hawaii as a product manager overseeing the bank’s debit and credit card products and managed the bank’s relationships with Hawaiian Airlines, Visa and MasterCard. After living in Hawaii for four years Greg decided to attend business school back on the “mainland” to transition from financial services to CPG marketing. Greg now lives in Chapel Hill with his wife, Jamie and pug, Lola.
The UNC Kenan-Flagler Marketing Club offers first and second year club members the proper tools, education, and experiences to effectively conduct career searches, perform successfully during interviews, and execute the professional tasks required during their internships and post-graduate careers.
- 2013 UNC Marketing Case Competition
- ‘Shadow Days’ with Alumni & Marketing Professionals
- Career Search Preparation
- Interview Workshops
- Mock Interviews
- Advertising Workshops
- Case Workshops
- In-Store Retail Walk
- One-on-One Coaching with 2nd year Peer Counselors
- Club Socials
- Marketing Club Kickoff: Introduce 1st year students to the club
- Speed Networking and Club Social:Opportunity for 1st year students to practice networking skills and interact with 2nd year students
- Shadow Days Live Draft: Shadow Days replaced our typical career trek this year. This event matches students with companies.
- Marketing 101 With Dr. B: Teaching the basics of marketing as the core Marketing class does not start until Mod 2
- Kraft Happy Hour: Social activity and networking event
- Shadow Days Debrief Session: Students share their Shadow Days experiences about company culture and marketing strategies
- Hershey’s Chocolate and Wine Event: Outstanding social event to learn more about Hershey, chocolate, and wine
- J&J Advertising Workshop: Collaboration with J&J to teach the strategy behind evaluating creative advertisements
- Coca-Cola Interview Workshop: Interview tips and strategies from Coca-Cola Brand Managers
- Campbell’s Brand Positioning Workshop: Collaboration with Campbell to discuss how to position your brand
- Dr Pepper Marketing Club Social
- Hershey Mock Interviews
- Marketing Club Case Competition: Teams from top MBA programs around the country compete in our annual case competition sponsored by J&J
- Marketing Data and Analytics: A Closer Look at Nielsen and IRI
- Super Bowl Advertising Evaluation
- How to Succeed at Your Internship - Securing a Full-Time Offer