We aim to provide members with the tools, education, and experiences to effectively conduct career searches, perform successfully during interviews, and execute the professional tasks required during their post-graduate careers.
Sara is from Sacramento, California and completed her undergraduate degree in English and Classics at UC Davis. Before coming back to school at Kenan-Flagler, Sara spent five years working for the US Chamber of Commerce Foundation in Washington, DC. She is working towards a career in brand management. In her spare time, Sara has been busy planning her wedding to another KFBS alum and deciding which color—burgundy or cranberry—is more on-brand for the occasion.
Ryan Hughes - VP of Finance
Ryan grew up on Long Island and completed his undergraduate degree in marketing at Villanova University. Before business school, Ryan lived in New York City where he worked in the marketing department for a national accounting firm. Eventually Ryan realized that he wanted to work in marketing focused on consumers and is pursuing a career in brand management by transitioning his past business focused marketing experience. Ryan is a diehard fan of the Yankees, Jets, Knicks and Rangers and in his spare time he explores his creative side through cooking.
Bridget Dean - VP of Communications
Originally from Chapel Hill, Bridget moved to New York City to attend NYU. In the years leading up to business school, Bridget worked as an Account Manager for digital ad agencies in New York and Raleigh, and most recently supported ecommerce businesses with email marketing in Durham. After school, she is planning on making the switch to the other side of the fence in an in-house marketing role within technology. As a former all-girl a cappella group member, she is a huge fan of singing 90's R&B and beat boxing. Most importantly though, Bridget is a Tar Heel, and loves to BEAT DOOK. Go Heels!
Emily Bernard - VP of Corporate Relations
A Southern girl at heart, Emily is originally from Texas and graduated from the University of Texas at Austin in 2008. Prior to business school, Emily worked in both traditional public relations and online marketing roles and was most recently a project manager for an oil and gas venture capital firm. She plans to continue a career in Brand Management following her time at Kenan-Flagler and has high hopes that the Houston Texans will make it to the Super Bowl one day.
Katherine Riedel - VP of Learning & Development
Katherine is from Buffalo, NY and completed her undergraduate degree at Wake Forest University with a degree in Communications. Prior to business school, Katherine worked for Booz Allen Hamilton, where she led communications and change management efforts for the Federal Government. She hopes to translate her PR experience into a marketing role, and will be spending the summer at Red Ventures. In her spare time Katherine enjoys cooking, baking, and hiking with her dog Ollie.
Joseph Davis - VP of Shadow Days
Joseph was born in Raleigh, NC where he completed his undergraduate degree at NC State University. Prior to business school, he held a variety of roles in financial analysis, business development and, eventually, marketing. His work managing the marketing efforts for a Durham-based internet consumer startup led him to join Kenan-Flagler Business School to further develop the marketing skills he had gained on the job. Joseph is interested in tech marketing and he will be spending his summer interning at Dell in Austin, TX.
Kristin Poulin - VP of Shadow Days
Kristen Poulin grew up in Freeport, Maine and attended school not too far away, earning a bachelors degree in Economics from Bates College. Prior to business school, she worked as a marketing associate for an investment management firm in Boston, MA. Post MBA, Kristen is looking to transition into a marketing role within the healthcare industry. In her spare time, Kristen enjoys knitting, painting, and photography, and has a love for water sports and world-class trekking.
Shannon Wilkinson - VP of Case Competitions
Shannon was born and raised in Grosse Pointe, Michigan and attended Wayne State University in the heart of Detroit for her undergraduate degree. She majored in Media Arts & Studies but began a career in restaurant management during the course of her program. She worked in an independently owned restaurant in her hometown before turning in her keys for the warm weather of North Carolina and the Kenan-Flagler MBA program, where she is pursuing a career in brand management. In her spare time, Shannon enjoys exploring the world of craft beers while transitioning into a crazy cat lady.
Ray Hu - VP of International
Ray is originally from Beijing, China and enrolled as a marketing major at George Mason University in Virginia. To develop communication and interpersonal skills, he accepted a position at Bank of America as a personal banker, and then moved to Arizona as an investment representative. Ray’s concentration at Kenan Flagler is marketing and he will have his brand management internship in the summer of 2016. Now, Ray’s biculturalism is an advantage that offers him a great opportunity to mentor international students who have difficulty finding a job in the U.S and want to improve their social skills. In his spare time, he enjoys playing basketball, fishing, and bowling.
The UNC Kenan-Flagler Marketing Club offers first and second year club members the proper tools, education, and experiences to effectively conduct career searches, perform successfully during interviews, and execute the professional tasks required during their internships and post-graduate careers.
- 2013 UNC Marketing Case Competition
- ‘Shadow Days’ with Alumni & Marketing Professionals
- Career Search Preparation
- Interview Workshops
- Mock Interviews
- Advertising Workshops
- Case Workshops
- In-Store Retail Walk
- One-on-One Coaching with 2nd year Peer Counselors
- Club Socials
- Marketing Club Kickoff: Introduce 1st year students to the club
- Speed Networking and Club Social:Opportunity for 1st year students to practice networking skills and interact with 2nd year students
- Shadow Days Live Draft: Shadow Days replaced our typical career trek this year. This event matches students with companies.
- Marketing 101 With Dr. B: Teaching the basics of marketing as the core Marketing class does not start until Mod 2
- Kraft Happy Hour: Social activity and networking event
- Shadow Days Debrief Session: Students share their Shadow Days experiences about company culture and marketing strategies
- Hershey’s Chocolate and Wine Event: Outstanding social event to learn more about Hershey, chocolate, and wine
- J&J Advertising Workshop: Collaboration with J&J to teach the strategy behind evaluating creative advertisements
- Coca-Cola Interview Workshop: Interview tips and strategies from Coca-Cola Brand Managers
- Campbell’s Brand Positioning Workshop: Collaboration with Campbell to discuss how to position your brand
- Dr Pepper Marketing Club Social
- Hershey Mock Interviews
- Marketing Club Case Competition: Teams from top MBA programs around the country compete in our annual case competition sponsored by J&J
- Marketing Data and Analytics: A Closer Look at Nielsen and IRI
- Super Bowl Advertising Evaluation
- How to Succeed at Your Internship - Securing a Full-Time Offer