2014 UNC Real Estate Conference
March 27, 2014
The Carolina Club — Alumni Hall, UNC Campus, Chapel Hill NC
|Welcome - Alumni Hall I, II & III, doors open
Conference Welcome by David Hartzell, Wood/Bell Distinguished Professor and Director, Leonard W. Wood Center for Real Estate Studies, Kenan-Flagler Business
School, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
|Doug Shackelford, Dean, Meade H. Willis Distinguished Professor of Taxation,
Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
| 1:00 p.m.
|"The State of the Program" remarks by David Hartzell
| 1:20 p.m.
Introduction of Keynote Speaker by David Hartzell
Douglas T. Linde, President, Boston Properties [Bio]
| 2:00 p.m.
| 2:20 p.m.
Introduction of Conference Speaker by Lynn M. Fisher, Associate Professor of Real Estate and the David D. and Carol Ann Flanagan Scholar, Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Will McIntosh, PhD., Executive Managing Director & Global Head of Research, USAA Real Estate Compnay [Bio] [Presentation]
| 3:00 p.m.
Introduction of Conference Speaker by Jim Spaeth, Executive Director, Leonard W. Wood Center for Real Estate Studies, Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
R. Byron Carlock, Jr., PwC National Partner, Real Estate Leader, PriceWaterhouse Coopers [Bio] [Presentation]
| 3:40 p.m.
| 4:00 p.m.
Introduction of Conference Speaker by Jacob Sagi, Associate Professor of Finance, Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Robert G. Kramer, Founder and President, National Investment Center for the Seniors Housing & Care Industry [Bio] [Presentation]
| 4:40 p.m.
"The Class of 1999" Industry Panel Discussion - David Hartzell, Moderator
Ross Cowan, Managing Director, Northwood Investors [Bio]
Kent Griffin, President and COO, BioMed Realty [Bio] [Presentation]
Jeff Lowenberg, Vice President, Development, GID Development Group [Bio] [Presentation]
Brent Morris, Director, True North Management Group [Bio] [Presentation]
Stephen Van Dusen, Managing Director, Eastdil Secured [Bio] [Presentation]
| 5:40 p.m.
| 5:45 p.m.
||Reception in Dowd, Harris and Peebles Rooms, First Floor
* Times are subject to change
- "Recruiting in Real Estate at Kenan-Flagler", Presentation, Contact
- Mentor Gathering, Peebles Room, 11-Noon,
Online registration is now closed. Please note registration for the 2014 conference closed on March 24th, 2014, at noon. No new registrations, cancellations or refunds after this date and time. Sorry, no exceptions, as we must inform the venue of our numbers for the set lunch.
See our Registration List
If you wish to be added to our mailing list for future events sponsored by the Wood Center, please go to the Contact Us page of our website.
Our 2014 Sponsors
If you are interested in being a 2014 sponsor, please call us at 919.962.3219
Local Chapel Hill Hotels
- The Carolina Inn - Conveniently located in the heart of downtown Chapel Hill, at the doorstep of the beautiful campus of The University of North Carolina.
- The Franklin Hotel - Located at 311 West Franklin Street, right in the center of town activity.
- Siena Hotel - Inspired by the beauty of Italy, The Siena Hotel - located in beautiful Chapel Hill North Carolina, will captivate you with its elegance. A Four Diamond hotel and restaurant recipient since 1987.
- Aloft - Located in the heart of "Blue Heaven." We are situated just down the road from UNC's Campus.
- Courtyard by Marriott - Located next door to the Friday Center for Continuing Education and just 1 mile from the University of North Carolina - UNC Chapel Hill campus.
- The Homewood Suites by Hilton® - This Durham-Chapel Hill/I-40 hotel is ideally located for travelers visiting the Raleigh-Durham and Chapel Hill, North Carolina area.
Directions to the Carolina Club
Get directions to the the Carolina Club. — Printer friendly version
See our past conferences:
2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009