Intern in Hong Kong
||Hong Kong Internship Program
||Summer 2016 - June 4 - July 30, 2016
8-week program, (Monday - Friday)
||Approximately 10-15 Kenan-Flagler Business School students
Work week is Monday – Friday for approximately 320 contact hours over the course of the internship.
Past placements for Undergraduate Business students include industries such as: Advertising, Computer Technology, Engineering, Event Planning, Fashion, Film, Finance, Graphic Design, Human Resources, Marketing, Non-profit, Photography, Public Relations, Real Estate and more.
Students will have access to professional internship opportunities spanning a wide variety of industry sectors in Hong Kong. Dream Career’s internship services include:
- Placement in a professional internship prior to departure
- Professional resume revision
- Interview preparation and coaching
- On-site coaching throughout internship
- Students are enrolled in a 3 credit hour business elective course for the duration of the internship
- Internship coursework, including reflective activities assigned and graded by UNC faculty
- Supervisor's written evaluation may be used as a component of the student's grade
|Management and Safety
Dream Careers' Hong Kong office provides management and support to students for the duration of the program. A Dream Careers program director will be the principal contact for students on issues of housing, safety, culture and social life in the city. The program director will also serve as the principal contact with the UNC-Chapel Hill campus. The program director will be available via regular office hours, outside the students' normal work schedules, to answer questions and resolve problems and will be available to students 24 hours per day via cell phone for medical, legal or other emergencies.
Dream Careers will provide eight weeks of housing in student residences in Hong Kong. All residences are fully furnished and specially designed for the student lifestyle. Students will have access to a kitchen, common areas and high-speed Internet.
Dream Careers will provide a pre-departure phone orientation and an on-site orientation for students upon arrival to Hong Kong.
Dream Careers will provide a social program for students during the course of the program. This will include group visits to historical and cultural sites within Hong Kong, a daytrip outside the city and other optional excursions and activities.
Dream Careers will arrange for a transportation pass for each student (8 weeks).
Students will be billed directly by Dream Careers. Separately, a $700 Undergraduate Business Study Abroad Fee will be charged to your UNC student account once you confirm your acceptance to participate in the Hong Kong Internship Program.
|Per-student costs include:
- Guaranteed Internship Placement
- Meal Plan
- Transportation to and from work
- Cultural exploration activities program
- Career Development Workshops
- Professionally Revised Resume
- Expert Interview Coaching
- 24/7 Onsite Staff Assistance and emergency support
- Welcome Reception
- Closing Ceremony
- Program Gifts
- Lifetime Alumni Networking Events
- Visa sponsorship
Total estimated expenses*
could be higher or lower depending on a student's personal situation and habits
|Dream Careers Program Fee
|UNC Study Abroad Fee
Undergraduate Social Media