Real Estate Emphasis
9 Credit Hours
(All courses except BUSI 585 in this emphasis have BUSI 408 Corporate Finance
-- with a minimum grade of “C” -- as a prerequisite )
The real estate area of emphasis at UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School is designed to provide Undergraduate Business students with a broad background in all aspects of the real estate industry. Students from the real estate emphasis have taken jobs in real estate investment, finance, development, consulting, investment banking, corporate real estate, and in most other possible fields within the real estate industry. The courses that are required in this emphasis are designed to develop exposure, intuition and technical ability that can be applied to a wide array of real estate decision making.
The following courses are required:
- BUSI 585: Introduction to Real Estate (3.0 credits)
- BUSI 601: Real Estate Finance (1.5 credits)
- BUSI 603: Real Estate Development (1.5 credits)
- BUSI 604: Real Estate and Capital Markets (1.5 credits)
The remaining credits (for a total of 9.0 hours) are required from the following courses
- BUSI 580: Investment (3.0 credits)
- BUSI 589: Fixed Income (1.5 credits)
- PLAN 246: Cities of the Future (3 credits) OR PLAN 575: Real Estate Development (3 credits)
For students seeking to substitute study abroad or any credit earned outside of the business school, a petition to substitute an emphasis requirement must be submitted via the online request form available on the intranet. If approved, a maximum of 1 course (or 3 credit hours) may apply to an emphasis.
Undergraduate Social Media